Newcastle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so do any of you guys know about the ARB test track out near freemans???

so do any of you guys know about the ARB test track out near freemans???

I wouldn't call it the ARB test track, but i'm pretty sure i know the one your thinking of. Entry from Oswald lane? Been there plenty of times.

I wouldn't call it the ARB test track, but i'm pretty sure i know the one your thinking of. Entry from Oswald lane? Been there plenty of times.

not sure blacknav. a guy at work mentioned it and was chasing up where abouts it is

From the F3 freeway heading into Freemans Waterhole you turn left at the roundabout at the bottom and continue about 500m past the oak milkbar and turn right up Oswald Lane. Head up there a short distance until you hit the powerlines at the top and turn left and follow the lines down to the quarry/track. There's a pretty decent mud hole in there, i wouldn't attempt it alone.

From the F3 freeway heading into Freemans Waterhole you turn left at the roundabout at the bottom and continue about 500m past the oak milkbar and turn right up Oswald Lane. Head up there a short distance until you hit the powerlines at the top and turn left and follow the lines down to the quarry/track. There's a pretty decent mud hole in there, i wouldn't attempt it alone.

yep that sounds like the place his telling me about

Boyd river has some nice spots (haven't been down that way for years.
hmm.. anama..narna... might need some more info,

Buccarumbi?

Anyway, I stuck Boyd River, Dalmorton, NSW into maps.google.com.au and popped a feasible route.

Nanna Glen?

The problem with google is that is loathes unsealed roads and takes you there from coffs via the main road to Grafton.
I suspect there are hundred's of kilometres of forest tracks between a place like Nana Glen (old Grafton road) and Buccarumbi. hmm, State forests maps.

Probably set up at dalmorton the first night on the river, coming in from the nymboida end. There is a canoe centre at nymboida if anyone has kids n comes. Then not sure.

quick update re the falls. Unless it flogs down over the next 48 hrs, don't expect much.
Wollomombi, Dangar (Armidale), bakers creek etc, are not running except for a slight trickle.
I suspect the dorrigo falls wont be much better.

OK this is what I got so far.
I'm still tryin to find out a place called "anarna" or "narna" where there are old gold mines from the late 1800's
Then come around to the crystal shower falls near dorrigo and dorrigo mount.

if the anarma...narna.... place is Nana Glen, the back road to dorrigo will bring you out at Dangar falls, not crystal shower falls.

I haven't driven it for around 10+ years, but its a fairly minor dirt road, not a bad drive from memory, and I don't remember anything that would exclude caravans. About half way there is a big old tree that's worth the 2 minute stop.

Massive thanks too Les from Southside service centre for trying to fix it on his day off. And bring us to a very beautiful caravan park the gateway village.

Latest posts

Back