Newcastle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I'm hoping but I'm not holding my breath, luck hasn't been with me yet.
The local Nissan dealer wouldn't even look at the car till next Monday. So don't ever break down in grafton n hope that Nissan will fix it. Bunch of fecking nobs.

Id be having words with Nissan on that, a 4 year old vehicle, broken down hundreds of KM's from home, and the local representatives, won't look at it for a week.... no f*%#$ing way.

So got the bad news today. $3,394.
But I did get him to fit a new timing chain while he had the front of the motor off. So now I have too get back to grafton to pick it up.

OUCH!! But at least you were able to do the chain as well.
Hope its smooth sailing from here mate.

So got the bad news today. $3,394.
But I did get him to fit a new timing chain while he had the front of the motor off. So now I have too get back to grafton to pick it up.

OUCH
let me know if you need a hand mate
ime workin this weekend but off from tuesday morning next week for 4 days
ide be happy to take you to pick her up
wheres the jayco ?

If I can get out of work early Friday morning I'll probably head up Friday after a nap. Other wise it'll be Monday. Jayco is at home. Thank for the offer though mate.

The outer housing of the pump was damaged from moving around and wearing. So they fitted a new housing and reco for $1,300.
The timing chain was just a standard kit.

The view from the side of the road haha

Attachments

• image-857476357.jpg
    image-857476357.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 41
that's a sight that no navara owner should see... glad it's all fixed mate, shame it happened tho

Something wrong with my ute, have a nasty oil leak coming out of the gearbox where the front diff comes out. Any ideas???

Transfer seal. Happened on mine too - mine was covered by warranty.

Any idea if its do it at home job? or if expensive to have fixed? My ute ran out of warranty in December. And im guessing its gearbox oil that sleaking and i shouldnt leave it for a couple of weeks for obvious reasons?

Back