RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow these rancho shocks are bigger then I expected. They should mate nicely to the new springs. As for the efs comfort they were lil harsh when I first got them in. They are nice now but they don't do what I'm aiming for.

Rusty

I'll be interested to see how you find the springs in comparison to the EFS comfort leafs.

I put comforts in the rear of mine but i'm not completely happy with it.

i fitted efs elite springs and shocks
very happy with them

i have no measurements but im sure i eneded up with 45 front and 65 back but it has settled nice and even.

so today i had a few hours of daylight left and decided i would fiddle with the fridge plugs etc. so i removed the cheap cig plug from the wire and installed my own merit style plug(these are better and hold into the socket nicer). but then realised i couldnt usse my transformer with the merit plug. this is when i was going of sh** oh sh**. running around for hour and a half and came to this conclusion. anderson plugs to replace the cig socket/ see below i have used 3 anderson plugs replacing the female cig end on the transformer and splitting the merit from the fridge adapter. now to get power to the fridge via 240v i just pull the plugs apart and put the right end onto it. picture will explain better

IMAG0449.jpg

Well today I got 1/3rd of what I was expect to get done. Steering dampener went in perfect first time. Fridge slide is spot on and secured ready to go. Bodylift is nothing but pricing me nuts. Cause I like to be different I opted for a 30mm bodylift and not the 50mm. The 2 rear bolts for cab are to short and I'm yet to even lift the tub. Everything is still sitting loose in the cab. I rang john and as usual he is nothing but helpful. We have organised for longer bolts in exchange of the under size ones he gave me. Hoping to get back into it in Saturday once I have the new bolts.

Rusty

Sounds good Russ. I hope you took some before pictures to compare with. The steering dampener will make a noticeable difference.

Lots of before shots to compare it to. Gotta get after measurements aswell as shots. Also when the new springs go on and the rancho shocks I will do more measurements aswell. Still waiting on new ubolts and shackles for the tsds springs.

Nice work Rusty. Nav looks great. I have done a bit of work myself recently. i was able to update pictures in my garage, but don't know how to upload pics in a conversation. If you don't mind looking at my garage and comment, your feedback/opinions would be appreciated. the only thing at the moment that needs changing would be powder coating rear bar black. Cheers.

Your nav look good mate. Plenty of info on inserting pictures. I use a Photobucket account and copy them from it.

I have spent the last day and half playing with this bodylift. Bullbar is on and the rear bar goes on tomoz. Got new bolts from john and was spot on. Measurements ended up being 777mm front and back drivers side and 787 front and rear passenger side. Obvious reasons it was lower drivers side is cause of fuel tank and the battery box setup. I am still waiting for the shackles and u bolts for the tsds springs sitting in the garage.

Got to Say Rusty, been looking over your Build thread most of the morning, a great read with a wealth of information with some great idea's - thanks heaps for the enjoyable read.

Will admit I had read other threads about the Spray On Liners and after seeing the cost of the Rhino Spray On-Liner up around $700 mark the price had put me right off, but after reading your thread and seeing your DIY Spray on-liner job, your job makes the concept more appealing cost wise and it looks great.

You've done a great job mate.

Grant

Got to Say Rusty, been looking over your Build thread most of the morning, a great read with a wealth of information with some great idea's - thanks heaps for the enjoyable read.

Will admit I had read other threads about the Spray On Liners and after seeing the cost of the Rhino Spray On-Liner up around $700 mark the price had put me right off, but after reading your thread and seeing your DIY Spray on-liner job, your job makes the concept more appealing cost wise and it looks great.

You've done a great job mate.

Grant

Thanks mate. The spray on liner to me is a cost effective way of doing it. To me its tough but does chip lightly when you throw something heaving in and it lands on a corner. But being able to mix a small batch and spray over it is simple. When I sprayed the battery box I also patched the small amount of chips in the tub.

Pictures of the 30mm body lift will be up tonight. Going to install the rear bbar sarvo then its tighten all the bolts and done.

Yay finally the bodylift is in everything is up tight, bullbar is lifted and rear bar is lifted. I am 100% happy with its height. Also the steering dampener is in and the feel on road is so much smoother and as some people have said it doesn't wander.

Rusty

the efs gear is ready to come out and the Sax TSDS springs are ready to go in when i have free time
IMAG0493.jpg

then couple them to the new big bore rancho rs9000 shocks
IMAG0494.jpg

and just a picture of the outer bore size
IMAG0496.jpg

lookin good.....

will be interesting to see how close that top helper spring goes to your chassis & then how it goes with load in the rear......

That top help leaf... the shackles for that.... are they greaseable and are they your standard size bushes?

lookin good.....

will be interesting to see how close that top helper spring goes to your chassis & then how it goes with load in the rear......

That top help leaf... the shackles for that.... are they greaseable and are they your standard size bushes?

i am very interested to see how they go as its a new product. been on the market a while but noone has really heard of them.

yes the top shackle for the helper spring is greasable and my guess wo0uld have similar bushes to the rest of the spring. that is an interesting question.

Springs are in coupled to the rancho shocks on setting 1. What a difference its made. Super soft no swaying or body roll and I can carry loads all in one. I will turn the shocks up to setting 5 to see what it feels like.

Pictures to come tonight once I get on a computer

alright an update to the existing update. I installed the TSDS springs and the Rancho RS9000 shocks today with some help from my brother and dad. i tell you what the extra hands certainly made easy work of it all. had the old out and the new in, in just under 2.5hours.

so anyway here are some pictures of the items
my setup with chassis stands under diffs etc to hold it all in place.
IMAG0503.jpg

left and right side TSDS springs in place
IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG0509.jpg

IMAG0508.jpg

the exhaust system near missed by about 5mm to the big lock nuts. i will have to undo the top hanger and move it out so i have more clearance.

and just a helping hint - after installing everything and hand tightening up tight, before lowering it onto it swheel i double, triple checked everything for anything that may see out of place. LUCKY I DID one of the spring washers had locked on and straightened out. then this spiked another look over everything. so make sure you check everything numerous times
IMAG0510.jpg

i turned the rancho shocks up to setting 5 and drive home from the rents. i tell you what these springs and shocks are amazing. everything i use to feel jarring my back and making it a super uncomfortable ride home is now SMOOTH. i would be more then happy for people to test drive the car before they made a purchase of these. Yet to test them on the offroad stuff but i will garantee they will flex nicely. and the top stage spring will miss the chassis.

any queries please contact me

RustyNav

Back