RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT WORKS!!! Yay

So plugged the brothers engel fridge into the sockets sarvo. within 1hour 15mins it was down to -4.9degrees. this is without anything in the fridge and turned it off from dead hot. I have no amp meter so I couldn't see what it was drawing. I only have 10amp fuses in the fuse block. I am gonna search the net for a amp gauge/meter so I can keep an eye on what's going on

so the dual battery system is going great. tomorrow is the day for purchasing the fridge/freezer and a few other bits from the 4wd and Tackle show in Brisbane. Today i had the day off to get a few minor things sorted on the car. one was get some new A/T tires so the wife can go back to driving it as i told her not to aftr i inspected the tires a couple of wknds ago(they were shot). So i decided on Bridgestones 697LT in 265/70/16 they have 117 load rating and have very deep tread pattern. the 100 or so kms ive done on them already they are quiet on road and responsive aswell.
IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0430.jpg

IMAG0427.jpg

secondly was work out how to seal the bottom of the tailgate to stop some water and dust comin in from underneat during our cape trips etc. Clark Rubber got some stick on foam stuff at $9.95per/m and it was dead on what i awanted
IMAG0425.jpg

then fixed the ONLY leak i have left in the tub. drivers side front near the hook. a small hole that leaked but it is now filled with a shitload of sika 227. now for the next lot of rain OR maybe a trip to sunny coast lol.

RustyNav09

Looking good Russ. I wonder how those tyres would go off road.

Mate these tires are the next version from the 694. They are heaps deeper in tread and way more open between blocks. They are a serious A/T and I reckon they would take nicely to lil mud and sand etc.

Ok had a big spend at the 4wd show. Hopefully next weekend I can get a loan of dads big shed and get rude car in for a fitting day. Got thy fridge slide to go in and also the new threestage springs from sax. Getting some new tough dog shocks from opposite lock cause they were 10% off at the show

Love the build looks awesome! How much did the dual battery end up costing excluding the box? :) also Wondering if you could give me some feedback on the federal m/t's you had?

Thanks mate. Battery itself was $270 off ebay plus cost of wiring and fuses etc. I got most of the stuff at discount/mates rates price as I hunted around and hammered them on pricing.

As for the feds I love them. Ask bryce how they went at the super wet janowen wknd. They are lil noisy on road but expected for a mud tire.

Rusty

Also a few updates.

My rancho steering damper, rancho adjustable shocks for the rear have arrived. Waiting on my tsds springs and I'm having a put together day at my dads.

Cheers? Yeah it's an awesome set up definitely going to try and set something similar up. thanks for the feedback on the feds might see if I can fit a set one size up I have 275/70/16 maxxis a/t's no scrubbing so fingers crossed the Feds will be the same. Keep up the good work mate :)

It's just a wealth of info in this thread mate. There's about a dozen frequent questions that could be answered by taking a Bo Peep in here.

The tsds springs turned up and look great. They had no shackles and ubolts so I'm waiting to take hold of them before I can install. This will be next week Thursday or Friday as I have both days off. Prob already mentioned it somewhere but the fridge slide needs to go in, steering dampener arrived, the new rancho rs9000 adjustables are with zordo and the bodylift is also with zordo. I'll be picking shocks and bodylift up tomoz morning and giving the bodylift a crack or maybe something else.

Rusty

I'll be interested to see how you find the springs in comparison to the EFS comfort leafs.

I put comforts in the rear of mine but i'm not completely happy with it.

Back