Navara D40 V9X 3.0L motor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iank84

Reaction score
Hello from New member Ian.
I started looking for a stx 550 but ended up buying a D40 with the V9x engine model black line.
Has the factory nudge bar. Its done 98000 original one owner looks to have been well looked fter and serviced regularly. The owner says its not been off road or ever in 4WD. Certainly looks that way underneath.
Apart from a six cylinder 2.4 nissan skyline 5sp manual (which was a great cruising highway car), Ive not owned a nissan before. Brother in law purchased a stx 550 new in 2012 and his has been problem free.
Anyhow looking forward to using the D40, will buy a 17ft caravan & start holidaying around Aus.
Thanks for the forum. Will post a couple of pics.
After reading your forum I installed torque lite I bought the bafx bt obdii dongle only because they recommended it. Seems to work a treat, no problem codes logged. One thing Ive noticed is the with the ignition off, the dongle plugged the dongle is still powered. I don't like that so have ordered an extender cable with on off switch from eblay for $8. I have since noticed dongles with on/off switch after I ordered mine
Dont have any issues buying the cheaper ones most of them seen to work. Ive used diags & usb dongles for toyota and ford without problems but they have been with a notebook.

regards
Ian

Welcome to the forum.

The STX550 is a great tow vehicle, and a 17' van won't bother it a lot - you'd still have to be mindful of the steeper or longer hills but that goes for any vehicle.

The BT dongles don't consume a lot of power (BT is a very low power service), I leave mine in all the time and don't have a problem.

Welcome to the forum.

The STX550 is a great tow vehicle, and a 17' van won't bother it a lot - you'd still have to be mindful of the steeper or longer hills but that goes for any vehicle.

The BT dongles don't consume a lot of power (BT is a very low power service), I leave mine in all the time and don't have a problem.
I tow a 17 foot van with my 550, average 14 litres per 100klm

Hi Tony,
thought I replied but obviously not.
Thanks for the info. Installed a BT adapter and torque, so can watch the engine temp when towing. Pity it cant read transmission oil temp though,
cheers

Hi Tony,
All went well with my purchase, nice ute till today so a little dissapointed I guess. Its thrown up a P04088 code on torque lite. I've been reading post
Hi from Tullamarine about the egr,
now I have the code the ute doesnt have any turbo boost. Can the egr cause no boost?
thanks

Hi Ian
I am running a V9X pathfinder.
I tow a 22ft 2.75 van.
I have installed a Redarc indicator which displays EGT (essential), boost (good for trouble shooting) plus the indicator also has a third display for temperature.
I have installed a temp probe into the transmission cooling line for this third display. EGT & trans temp monitoring dictates my driving on steeper inclines.
Chris

Hi Ian
I am running a V9X pathfinder.
I tow a 22ft 2.75 van.
I have installed a Redarc indicator which displays EGT (essential), boost (good for trouble shooting) plus the indicator also has a third display for temperature.
I have installed a temp probe into the transmission cooling line for this third display. EGT & trans temp monitoring dictates my driving on steeper inclines.
Chris

Thanks Chris, that sounds good, sounds like I should too. Would you have a part number or do I just do a search for it.
Do you know if the EGR p04088 causes the boost to reduce or should I be looking for something else.
Thanks ian

Thanks Chris, that sounds good, sounds like I should too. Would you have a part number or do I just do a search for it.
Do you know if the EGR p04088 causes the boost to reduce or should I be looking for something else.
Thanks ian
Forgot to add, I've been starting to look through the threads for EGR info. I notice blanking them off with a small hole still has problems. My approach would be to trick the ecu into thinking the flow rate is ok and blank it off completely. I think I will start a thread to try and see if we can find what flow rate signals are sent back to the ECU and perhaps emulate them. I don't really like the idea of mapping the EGR out which I think others have had done.

Hey Ian
Part number is G52-BET.
However!!!!!
I checked to make sure the gauge was still on Redarc's sales list, it is butttt.
Just over $500, I paid somewhere around $200.
I rang Redarc to confirm, $500, rediculus.
Over to you.
Cannot convey if your P0408 is associated with boost loss, I would guess yes.
Tony?
I have never been a fan of installing a blanking plate & then drilling a hole to allow crap to come through.
I have purchased a mod by www.morepower.com.au which is a EGR control mod.
I have not installed the "kit".
The "kit" is just a resistor & a wiring diagram showing where to insert the resistor into the circuit.
It involves inserting a resistor in series with the inlet temperature sensor wiring (the temperature sensor is part of the MAF sensor).
The reasoning is to trick the ECU into thinking EGR input logic is not in the normal temperature range which then keeps the EGR closed.
You can also buy the same resistor idea but useing a male/female short adapter lead with plugs to insert the resistor into the wiring harness at the MAF connector.
I have not gone ahead with this mod as yet, I am concerned what effect the air inlet temperature effect would have on ECU fuel ratio calculation or any other ECU computations.
Tony?

Chris

Thanks Chris, for going to that trouble for me as I couldnt find it when I looked.
Yes I think redarc have priced themselves out of the market!
Yes I think the other as you say they trick the ecu keeping the temp value looking low so no egr to open.
Yes I wonder if the ecu changes the mixture much or fuel consumption. Hopefully some one will know.
Ian

Ian
Just did a invoice check on my Redarc gauge purchase, I paid $375 delivered.! More than my memory calculated!!
A bit more info, the indicator also has an alarm function on the individual readouts, display changes colour (selectable) & audible beep when limits (you set) are reached.
Also, the indicator is supplied with EGT probe & boost hook up but third temperature indication requires an additional sensor. $57 when I purchased, $67 today.
Chris

Ian
Just did a invoice check on my Redarc gauge purchase, I paid $375 delivered.! More than my memory calculated!!
A bit more info, the indicator also has an alarm function on the individual readouts, display changes colour (selectable) & audible beep when limits (you set) are reached.
Also, the indicator is supplied with EGT probe & boost hook up but third temperature indication requires an additional sensor. $57 when I purchased, $67 today.
Chris
thanks for the update chris

Tricking the EGR subroutines in the ECU by varying the ECU's ambient temperature input may cause the ECU to incorrectly adjust the fuel flow rate. Knowing the incoming temperature allows the ECU to calculate how much oxygen should be available for combustion once it's been compressed (which for a given boost level will raise the temps a calculable amount) and then intercooled (which will reduce the temps by a ratio) means that in the pressure measured at the outlet of the intercooler you'll have a fairly well known number of oxygen molecules available. This isn't terminal - it just means that the engine isn't going to run as efficiently as it could.

The absolute best way to remove EGR from the equation (in cars with flow detection) is to have someone edit the ECU and simply skip over the EGR routine.

Tricking the EGR subroutines in the ECU by varying the ECU's ambient temperature input may cause the ECU to incorrectly adjust the fuel flow rate. Knowing the incoming temperature allows the ECU to calculate how much oxygen should be available for combustion once it's been compressed (which for a given boost level will raise the temps a calculable amount) and then intercooled (which will reduce the temps by a ratio) means that in the pressure measured at the outlet of the intercooler you'll have a fairly well known number of oxygen molecules available. This isn't terminal - it just means that the engine isn't going to run as efficiently as it could.

The absolute best way to remove EGR from the equation (in cars with flow detection) is to have someone edit the ECU and simply skip over the EGR routine.
thanks, sounds like the most logical solution. I will start looking for someone down south to do this

Latest posts

Back