2012 V9X intermediate starting issues.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylz23

Reaction score
I have a 2012 V9X blackline edition Navara. Recently over the last few months have experienced intermediate starting issues.

When it happens you turn the key and nothing. All the lights light up on the dash but no start. In bad cases it can take a while of sitting there and turning the key on and off. It will then turn the engine but no start and it would turn the engine forever unless you turned it off again. Once turned off and you hit the key again away it goes.

So far I have tried checking battery terminals, replaced the starter motor, ignition switch and tried the spare key.

Interested to hear if anyone else has had the same issue and if so has the problem been resolved. Hope you guys can lend a girl a hand lol.

Have you tried wiggling the gearlever? It may not be registering that it is in Park properly which will inhibit the starter.

Have you tried wiggling the gearlever? It may not be registering that it is in Park properly which will inhibit the starter.
I haven’t just wiggled it but have moved it from park to drive while having the key turned on and off and that still didn’t make a difference.

There's a cable that runs to the ignition switch that inhibits the starter when in park. Just wiggling the lever or pushing it forwards as much as you without breaking it might identify the problem.

Thanks for the info. My partner read somewhere that a wireless phone charger placed near the ignition could potentially interfere with the immobilizer.

For the last couple of weeks I have been unplugging the wireless car charger when I turn the car off to test the theory.

So after a new starter motor and ignition switch, at this stage I can potentially put it down to the wireless car charger interfering with the immobilizer preventing the car from starting cause it hasn’t missed a beat yet.

Who would have thought!!!!!

Thanks for the info. My partner read somewhere that a wireless phone charger placed near the ignition could potentially interfere with the immobilizer.

For the last couple of weeks I have been unplugging the wireless car charger when I turn the car off to test the theory.

So after a new starter motor and ignition switch, at this stage I can potentially put it down to the wireless car charger interfering with the immobilizer preventing the car from starting cause it hasn’t missed a beat yet.

Who would have thought!!!!!

Not in a million years!

Latest posts

Back