2 x D40's to make 1 ! (panel swapping)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBaska2795

Reaction score
howdy all,

new to the forum. Ive owned by 6" lifted 80 Series Landcruiser since 2008 .. however, since i drive 2.5hrs to my farm once a month, it cant tow and on petrol is costing me heaps.

So i decided to get a 2007 Spanish build D40 manual with 295k on the clock for cheap from the auctions. Only issue is, it needed a clutch, but it also a really badly looked after tradie car .. ie filthy inside, scuffs allover the body. The engine is good and it came with a great TJM bar, tough dog suspension and 33" Maxis Razr's all round. While i was waiting to get my new clutch i ended up buying another D40 ! .. this one had timing chain fail, so the engine was finished, however the guy spent money on all the sensors, lifted, clean interior and good exterior, good turbo and a 6 month old clutch. What sealed the deal for me was he had a brand new yd25.com simplex genuine Nissan timing chain kit worth $1100 in a box and wanted $2800 for the car including the timing chain kit.

So i brought the car !

Now i want to keep the kit for my silver D40 (first one) and was thinking if its possible to swap all the panels from the silver to the black including the entire interior ! i know there will be some silver bit i will need sprayed but i wanted to know if anyone else did this or is it possible ??

Attachments

• PXL_20230712_005915511.jpg
    PXL_20230712_005915511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230714_030801735.jpg
    PXL_20230714_030801735.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
The black one is the face lifted version of the silver one. On the facelift the panels forwards of the windscreen are all different including the headlights and grille.

So yes, you can swap any single panel from the windscreen back and the interior.

For the front you would have to swap the whole lot including things like the bonnet slam panel, wheel arch liners etc.

The clutches are not the same, so I think your plot failed there! Still, by the time you have done all the swaps there will be plenty of spare parts to sell on to pay for it.

The black one is the face lifted version of the silver one. On the facelift the panels forwards of the windscreen are all different including the headlights and grille.

So yes, you can swap any single panel from the windscreen back and the interior.

For the front you would have to swap the whole lot including things like the bonnet slam panel, wheel arch liners etc.

The clutches are not the same, so I think your plot failed there! Still, by the time you have done all the swaps there will be plenty of spare parts to sell on to pay for it.

Yeah thanks for that!

I am already getting a clutch installed on the silver one so that's ok. Gee I didn't know the black was face lifted version ! Both are 07 .. but the black is 11/07 and the silver is 01/07 I believe so makes sense.

Latest posts

Back