RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ol today I got the 4 speakers in and the new head deck. The speakers were from wow sight and sound from the closing down sales. Kenwood 3way 180w 6.5" speakers x4 and a clarion head deck which has been in the cupboard got atleast 18months lol. It's all in and work apart from the radio. I'll explain later. The rear speakers went in where the ask tray is located, I cut it out to suit thhe speaker and put a 12mm spacer under it and fits perfectly.

The reason for radio not working is that the aerial adapter I had is wrong. Now for those people with THAI built d22. The aerial adapter is one from a d40 navara. So when you purchase the ISO plugs to suit the d22 wiring harness make sure you get the aerial adapter, product code APE69 or something like that, its is a aerpro adaptor.

Will put pictures up later.

RustyNav

Just read your thread RustyNav, good read.
Definitely am going to get another diesel filter and how are those TSDS springs going?
thanks

Thanks. There is a few good items in here but most people have already done. The dual filter is good but I'm thinking of purchasing a fuel lifter pump to see if it changes anything. The tsds springs have been quite good so far. Very comfortable and has smoothed the ride out heaps. Ive had no loads in it yet.

Also turned the chip up to tune 10 and boost to 16psi. Feels good but time will tell.

The new suspension looks awesome Rusty. Have you had a chance to test it yet?
I bet your liking the new sound system as well. My ute still had the factory speakers in it when I bought it. Anything is an upgrade from those cardboard POS.

I haven't had the time to hit the rough stuff yet. Just been super busy in my new acting position. I'll try get out in the next couple of weeks. The speakers are great for $25 a pair from WOW. I hate not having sound behind me

alright so today was another muck around. the ctek D250s Dual arrived yesterday so it went in. its works so i not arguing with it. it will be nice to see the abttery get charged to 100% not the 80% or so the isolator does it to.

25042012185.jpg

25042012184.jpg

the MPPT regulator allows me to buy a solar panel without a regulator on it and mount it to the roof or just hook it up when i pull up to camp. im still thinking about mounting it to roofracks on top of the canopy. only problem with that is a cant move it around when i want to kepp it in the sun.

also here is the pics of the $25 speakers that i got from wow. all installed to the back and front doors. i removed the ash tray out of the rear doors and cut it out to the size needed. ran new wires to the door and it works

IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

Hey Rusty,

Great write up ect! Few questions :)
On page 6 -post 60- At the dump pipe is that your EGT sensor? If so was the housing built into the dump pipe or did you drill/weld it in there?

Where abouts did you get your fuse&terminal holder and whats the brand?
With your 100AH battery do you use that capacity up? Have you ever used the capacity up?

I ask the last one because I have my second under the hood (small room) and am hunting a deep cycle but most have less AH ratings ect but high CCA as a second starter.

Hey Rusty,

Great write up ect! Few questions :)
On page 6 -post 60- At the dump pipe is that your EGT sensor? If so was the housing built into the dump pipe or did you drill/weld it in there?

Where abouts did you get your fuse&terminal holder and whats the brand?
With your 100AH battery do you use that capacity up? Have you ever used the capacity up?

I ask the last one because I have my second under the hood (small room) and am hunting a deep cycle but most have less AH ratings ect but high CCA as a second starter.

Yes that is my EGT sensor/probe and the bung is welded in to the pipe. Then some heat proof grease and tightened up. The battery is 100ah and no I haven't used it properly yet. Haven't been out since having it installed. Fuse block is a baintech item 6-way. Since that photo I have installed a ctek charger to remove the isolator. But thinking I will stick the isolator in to split the 2 front batteries.

Ray - the speakers work a treat, just waiting on the antenna plug cause its a d40 version not the proper d22 adapter. Good old Nissan lol

Yes that is my EGT sensor/probe and the bung is welded in to the pipe. Then some heat proof grease and tightened up. The battery is 100ah and no I haven't used it properly yet. Haven't been out since having it installed. Fuse block is a baintech item 6-way. Since that photo I have installed a ctek charger to remove the isolator. But thinking I will stick the isolator in to split the 2 front batteries.

Hey Rusty.... Where did u get that Baintech Fuse Box from and if u don't mine.... what sort of $$ are they worth? I gather it has a common bus on one side of all 6 fuses?

I've been looking for Fuse Boxes, but can't really find any with a common bus on one side

rob

Hey Rusty.... Where did u get that Baintech Fuse Box from and if u don't mine.... what sort of $$ are they worth? I gather it has a common bus on one side of all 6 fuses?

I've been looking for Fuse Boxes, but can't really find any with a common bus on one side

rob

I got it off eBay at a sellout price of $35. They are rrp of about $60ish dollars. Its the only real fuse block I found with a positive and negative in the block. The rest had positive so you still had to earth it somehow. Probably the best block around. I'm wanting another similar for the engine bar cause the terminals are starting to fill up.

The next mod is underway. Just dropping my car to Brendale 4x4 to have its Long Ranger tank installed. Should have shots up tonight.

ok well so far the mods have just been piling in. for a couple of reasons. ive taken on a new position at work(acting manager) and the wife and i are heading to Cape York in mid July. so today the Long Ranger tank went in and i have to say it looks schmick.

IMAG0560.jpg

its pretty hard to get a picture of the tank but yes it does hang lower then the chassis but it ramps up towards the front of the car so thats fine. it is completely solid and great construction. and to be honest it feels like the car runs smoother aswell, enigne wise. maybe i had some shit in the old tank that was stuffing the pump. dunno ut its great and well worth the coin.

scottys sliders are on the back of a truck somewhere i think(unless the trucky has a nav and they are now on his). they left scotties place monday and my guess is they should turn up tomorrow or friday, HOPEFULLY. long weekend this weekend so would be perfect.

Rusty

In the last week I have had the Rhino HD Aero bar track mount roof racks installed by Roof Racks Galore at Rocklea and also a basket fitted to take the oztent RV4 we will be using while touring and camping. Also scottybobcats sliders turned up and shit they look hot. Will have pictures up tomoz afternoon once I have finished fitting the last slider and I will need to get one of the slider mounts welded on.

ok pictures of the Roofracks+basket and also scotty brilliant sliders which are well worth the $$$ paid for them. ive never seen the quality he has put into his work. will be goiong back to him for other gear.

ok lets start off with the roof racks. Rhino HD Aero Bar with the 1375mm long rails

IMAG0577.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0570.jpg

are everyone elses track mounting points in the same location? thought it was on the inner side of the dip in the roof. but looks great and super happy about them

now ScottyBobcats Sliders. as stated in the last post that his work is top notch and everything is fully welded, even the plate sheeting underneath is completely welded across the top. no Stitch welding at all which is brilliant. plenty of time and quality work put into these lsiders. highly recommended. So im still ye to weld the back plate on fro the drivers side as you cant use the clamp on style cause of the fuel lines and stuff that run on the chassis. That will be sorted out soon by either my cousin or a guy from the wifes work.

IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

Back