RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here it is. installed but not wired up to the switch. still waiting for the thermo fan toggle switch to turn up from On Board Air. I used rubber stop with a hole drilled through the middle then a metal tube to give it something solid to secure to. Also had to purchase 30mm longer bolts in a 8.8 zinc plated.

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

the fan is a 8" Davies Craig Thermo Fan Full Kit - this come s with fan, wiring harness, fitting kit,etc. The fan is then mounted using 4 by 3-4mm bolts that go through some of the fins. BE SUPER GENTLE when pushing through the fins with a pihillips head screw driver or similar to NOT puncture a hole in the cooler. fit and tighten using the washers nd locknuts provided. You will need ot trim the sealing plate on top to fit around the washers.

IMAG0009.jpg

picture below doesnt show much clearance. but i have about 10mm on top of the plug of clearance.
IMAG0006.jpg

i will hopefully be wiring it up this week. then giving it a test run jsut to see how much air it really pulls in

Fan is wired up and running. Was a breeze to wire in straight to a toggle switch. The switch only needs 0.2ampd to run the relay which then runs the fan. Then the relay only draws 6amps to run the 40amp relay so it only needs a 10-15amp fuse to relay. I closed the bonnet and switched it on and it is pretty fan powerful. I will have no problems keeping temps down through the intercooler.

Will have pictures up tomorrow of the fit. I used a thermo fan toggle switch from On Board Air. Also got my Supa Peg awning 2m wide x 2.5 out. All dyna proof canvas and top quality.

just throwing pictures up of the fan mounted and wired up. there is 2 pictures of the fan one with it running and other with it turned off at a stand still. the others are my new Supa Peg 2.0mx2.5m canvas awning

FAN OFF
IMAG0012.jpg

FAN ON
IMAG0013.jpg

you can notice the small bits of thread/rope getting sucked in. you cna certainly feel it pull your hand in aswell. ended up being a very good result atm the Cape will be its test.

The switch for this is one of the 4 spots in the centre console near the handbrake. also got to wire up my extra cigarette powerpoints while i had the console out.

the Supa Peg Canvas Awning 2.0m Wide x 2.5m Out
IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

very good build quality and will last years.

also i thought i would show the 2 different sizes of Stanadyne Filters for the Dual Fuel Management Setup i have in my car. I will be replacing the larger one into it when i do my major service before the trip and keeping the smaller unit for the JUST INCASE stuff.
IMAG0025.jpg

Hi Rusty,

This thread is the reason I joined the community so props to you for your efforts!

I am looking forward to seeing the drawer build that you come up with.

Dan

Hi Rusty,

This thread is the reason I joined the community so props to you for your efforts!

I am looking forward to seeing the drawer build that you come up with.

Dan

Hey Dan

Thanks for your comments. The draws are a no go for me at the moment as they are not particularly practical for what I wanna do. Still got a lot of work to get it to 100% of what I want but this is near enough to what I'm wanting.

I'll be on 4weeks holiday tripping the cape so lots of pictures and info to come

Ok I'm back from a awesome trip. If you haven't done it make sure you put it on the to do trip list.

Everything I had done to the car worked perfectly. Minor changes to the switch panel needed and more cabling needed to bypass a few things. Suspension worked perfectly with no dramas with flex etc. Kept up to 3 patrols and a landcruiser the hole way.

So the I need list has grown. Steel bar and winch plus front locker all need to find there way onto the car sometime in the future. I have settled on a Avenger Mako TDS 9.5 winch with rope, but still not sure on the bar. Genuine or arb deluxe or a Boss4 bullbar.

Hey man saw u agin in cairns glad u got through the north section all good I'm about to upload all my pics as well I think there will be the fair share of cape photos gettin round lol

Cheers boxy

So the I need list has grown. Steel bar and winch plus front locker all need to find there way onto the car sometime in the future. I have settled on a Avenger Mako TDS 9.5 winch with rope, but still not sure on the bar. Genuine or arb deluxe or a Boss4 bullbar.

Rusty.....

What happened on the trip to make make u think u need to change from the alloy to steel bar? Was there times when u needed to be winch at any secttions or is it more of a added security having the locker and winch?

rob

Rusty.....

What happened on the trip to make make u think u need to change from the alloy to steel bar? Was there times when u needed to be winch at any secttions or is it more of a added security having the locker and winch?

rob

Well a few times I would of liked to recover myself. Plus the red dirt and shit stained the bar. A locker would of gotten me outta heaps of stuck situations. Just ifs let me down on some hill climbs. Winch would just be a just incase item cause I would be getting the steel bar I would put it in

Cant wait to see the
Rusty nav's cape trip with photos thread.
Good to here that you had a ball at the cape and you have been inspired to do even more mods to the nav. will need to organize a brisbane trip out soon so i can check out the latest changes to your truck.

Cant wait to see the
Rusty nav's cape trip with photos thread.
Good to here that you had a ball at the cape and you have been inspired to do even more mods to the nav. will need to organize a brisbane trip out soon so i can check out the latest changes to your truck.

I will have to make a new cape thread and give everyone what we did etc with a few pics. Inspiration is the key. We had 3 patrols and a landcruiser all containing the basic 2" lift and few simple mods. Yes I had the smallest rig but it walked all over the places they went. So the reason for more items is for future when we invest in our own camper etc and start heading out solo. The wife's already ticked the approval boxes for my 3 expensive mods.

A Brisbane trip would be good. Not sure what mods you want me to show off :p. How's the single cab going?

hey rusty
glad you had a good trip
ile be looking for your cape thread
we are going next july
hopefully my e/lokka will be installed by then
how did the i/c fan perform

cheers
sparra

Last edited:
hey rusty
glad you had a good trip
ile be looking for your cape thread
we are going next july
hopefully my e/lokka will be installed by then
how did the i/c fan perform

cheers
sparra

had a great trip thanks mate

the e locker came in at a price tag of $1950 installed. still hunting around for a better price but its on the to go in list soon hopefully. As for the fan i only had one downside. when i busted my radiator for some reason the fan motor dropped out of its shroud causing the blade to contact the shroud and put a few wear marks in it. once again this probably was purely corrugations doing this. when i took the cooler off i notice the 2 screws holding the motor in the shroud had come loose so i filled the holes with loctite plus superglue and stuck the screws back in. with this happeneing made me worry about turning it on when it was needed. so i really didnt use it much after that.

BUT before that i noticed a huge difference to the EGTS when doing the southern section of the OTT. with only having it in short term before the trip i only got average EGT temps. overall i probably noticed between 50-80deg temp drops while offroading also keeping the IC cooler after switching the motor off and also while sitting for long time idling the temps were right down. usually my idling temps are around 140-175deg(this is quick glance) and with the fan on i was seeing under 100deg idling temps. once again its really hard to judge whether it was doing the best but i felt like it was giving me the best result it could. Worthwhile mod in my book but only achievable with a bodylift.

i have put up a cape york thread RustyNavs 2012 Cape York. also see a few of Boxys photos as we met up at Nolans

I would but i'm not on facebook, my young bloke is so i will get him to throw a vote your way. After much deliberation and haggling with the missus i ordered a full peformance pack off them, 3sds springs, shocks and torsion bars. He guaranteed i would be happy with them or he would give me a full refund if i'm not.

I would but i'm not on facebook, my young bloke is so i will get him to throw a vote your way. After much deliberation and haggling with the missus i ordered a full peformance pack off them, 3sds springs, shocks and torsion bars. He guaranteed i would be happy with them or he would give me a full refund if i'm not.

John really backs his product and has a really good reputation. I have the older style 3sds and I'm seriously happy with them. You should be super surprised at what yours can do. I'm guessing you got the PrimeXP shocks etc?

Back