d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok cool. Ive been slack and havent gotten mine installed yet still gotta chase up a bonnet scoop and fan and make up the brackets but going to be making them at work hopefully this week. But im glad i didnt opt for the larger intercooler like brandon did as i thought it might be the better intercooler. Will get into this and post any progress.

Bart

thanks ben i will be looking at the 3" turbo back exhaust when i get around to it. same with the small i.c thermo fan and bonnet scoop :) planning to make a false floor/draw sett up soon for more tray space with all my tools

wat have you guys done about ur catch can pipes
do they still fit with the intercooler pipes or do you have to figure something out...

This topic has got me thinking about i/c's again.

I saw a pic on another thead a while back that gave me some ideas.
These aren't my pics by the way.

If i was doing my setup again i'd be looking into this type of design.

I think its an r32 skyline ic core 465x260x70.
Probably only possible to fit with a bodylift.
Maybe a 2.5l bonnet could be used with a slightly smaller core such as a 300x160x60mm, 450x180x50 or 400x230x65.
I think the 300x280 core brandon used might be a stuggle as it will cover the oil filler.

Maybe this will give someone some idea's anyway.

Attachments

• d22tmic2.jpg
    d22tmic2.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 334
  • d22tmic.jpg
    d22tmic.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 356
We are almost finished our new intercooler kits for zd30 d22 for those interested should be ready for sale in another month its the first of its kind design wise and is a big front mount style. And finally a very decent price!

We are almost finished our new intercooler kits for zd30 d22 for those interested should be ready for sale in another month its the first of its kind design wise and is a big front mount style. And finally a very decent price!

Awesome mate I'm keen!! Is a body lift required? Because I don't have one :(

Can one of you guys show me pics looking down your front grill and height at which the winch sits .... I dont have a winch vehicle handy so not sure if it will work or not

maybe these pics might help you.

how far off are your kits? pricing? what size core?

will be tough to make a kit that fits without cutting anything, and fits with winches, 80 series airboxes, bodylifts/no bodylifts different bullbars etc etc.

Attachments

• P1000034.JPG
    P1000034.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 226
  • 100_0790.JPG
    100_0790.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_0793.jpg
    100_0793.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_0794.jpg
    100_0794.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 218
Thanks for the pics... But not looking good .... Looking at how close that winch comes to the aircon electric fan looks to be only a couple of cms?

thats the problem with navara.....sooooo many different setups and no room

so far the kit we are making is front mount .....wll not fit with a winch.....will not fit with 80 series airbox....but it does have no holes and does not need a body lift

with some small changes i can make it suit a winch car.....but unfortunately not 80 series airbox

Last edited:
its probably 40-50mm, ill see if i can remember to measure it in the day light tomorrow.

How about a top mount kit fellas? I've heard it's possible to squeeze an intercooler on top of the motor without a body lift but the cooler pokes up a little bit into a scoop which supposedly isn't much of an issue. Thoughts? Front mount won't work well with a winch unless its a micro cooler or there's no winch....

I'm thinking water to air. I/C mounted in engine bay. Heat exchanger/radiator mounted to underside of bonnet with large Patrol 4.2l style scoop.

Yeah that would work well, and have it as a barrel style I/C or something.

Haven't really looked at what bits n pieces il use, but just got the rough idea. Finished the body lift a little while ago, so now I can measure my space and get an intercooler to match.

How about a top mount kit fellas? I've heard it's possible to squeeze an intercooler on top of the motor without a body lift but the cooler pokes up a little bit into a scoop which supposedly isn't much of an issue. Thoughts? Front mount won't work well with a winch unless its a micro cooler or there's no winch....

I took the easy route, I bought the cross country top mount kit, if you had the time and patience it would be possible to make your own. Maybe a smaller core.

Latest posts

Back