D22 - Engine Stripped Whilst At Work

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonycrouch

Reaction score
Hey Guys / Girls,

Firstly, this is what I came back to today after work - I work as an overnight truck driver - left my car parked up with all my colleagues’ cars outside our depot last night - had a great shift - then the dreaded phone call from our depot manager at 8am this morning saying he feared my 2011 Navara D22 had been broken into.

He was saying I think you’ve just got a broken window and they’ve pinched your 2-way / UHF radio.

Sadly, after getting to the depot mid morning today, nothing could have been further from the truth.

I lifted the bonnet and my heart sank - they’d destroyed the valve cover with hammers - fuel rails gone - injectors gone - intercooler gone - lord knows what damage was done elsewhere (debris falling through valves - lots of gouge marks at the mating surfaces on closer inspection).

Sadly no theft insurance - as I’d convinced myself who would want my 15 year odd Ute / has 300k Km on it - clearly someone did.

They left my high end spotties on the bullbar - left my kids bedtime cuddle toys in the back for when I occasionally get to see them - but these cowards have completely destroyed a hard working bloke.

Local coppers have said it’s a 3 day wait at minimum for forensics - and even then it’s only academic with stupidly no theft insurance.

Make sure guys / girls you give your nav an extra cuddle in the morning for those of us that can’t 🥲

I loved my Ute - bought it 2nd hand with 40k Km on it - I’ve put 260k Km - it’s been on par as faithful to me as my red cattle dog - but I don’t think there’s any coming back from this.

Attachments

• IMG_8753.jpeg
    IMG_8753.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8758.jpeg
    IMG_8758.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8761.jpeg
    IMG_8761.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8766.jpeg
    IMG_8766.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
that sucks :(
interesting they left the lights. clearly they needed the injectors to repair their own ute. had that happen here before.

Sorry this happened to you mate - although my sorries won't replace whats lost, I hope you get a solid lead on where your missing parts are and are able to seek full compensation

Forensics came around today - sadly no prints found.

I tell ya I scrutinise every D22 I see on the road now around town - I wonder if that’s the guy who has my injectors.

On the plus side they dropped their 10mm & 12mm sockets - so I was thinking of putting up flyers - saying I’m willing to do a swap 🤪

Latest posts

Back