d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i reckon you could fit a fan under the scoop with the micro ic, heaps of room under mine, would be at least 2 inchs id say

im running bodylift, but the fan is mounted ontop of the ic and theres heaps of room above it, it would still fit if i didnt have a bodylift

very clever - I am thinking going a "same end " cooler or depending on the size a ford ba one mounted on top with fan and as much heat shielding as possible ... will keep y"all posted with the fabrication , if anyone is interested I can keep the plans for brackets I make etc etc

Howdy Bridge8888- great fit ! I like ! I think i'm sold on this set up - brilliant work !

Looks great has any one fitted one of these set ups with a second battery fitted in the corner. I just set my dual battery's up and not real keen on changing it all again

might be 140x200x60 or something

got mine from justjap.com i think it was $99

Yeah go just Jap! Cheaper than ebay, and awesome customer service. Had a small problem when I bought mine and they dealt with it quickly.
Think it's called the mini cooler at just Jap

are your planning to top mount it?

be interesting to see what you come up with!
make you post up the pics and info, i'm sure it will help some others out.

have a look at http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=2321&highlight=navrol&page=6
might give you some ideas

had all the kit mounted in there but the inter cooler was to big for a standard turbo had huge amount of lag and super tight fitt i ended up having to bend the metal cooling pipes adjust airbox brackets and fuel pump bracket and cracked a cooloant pipe so i just ordered a new one $70 later. sold the cooler kit now looking at spending the money on a turbo back exhaust not sure 2.5" or 3" for standard turbo?

Attachments

• intercooler 1.JPG
    intercooler 1.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,278
  • intercooler 2.JPG
    intercooler 2.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 543
  • intercooler 3.JPG
    intercooler 3.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 2,140
  • intercooler 4.JPG
    intercooler 4.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 493
very tight tho the bonnet was resting on the ic and it made it shake the crap out of everything. thinking of going the mini cooler now not sure if there is any point from what i have read about power gain. whats your oppinion on the 3" exhaust ben85?

Last edited:
If your gonna cut a great big hole in the bonnet anyway, id go with the cooler you had. It looked like a good fit. My 2c.

the 3in exhaust is pretty good. go the 3 inch.

probably not a lot of performance benefit from the micro cooler but it's good protection for a turbo failure.

the 3in exhaust is pretty good. go the 3 inch.

probably not a lot of performance benefit from the micro cooler but it's good protection for a turbo failure.

Notice any increased turbo lag with the micro cooler though ben?

Bart

Latest posts

Back