d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm doing this too, looks easy as!
Do you guys that have done it reckon there's enough space for a 300x280 core cooler? I've got the 80 series air box...
Also for the 1.75-2" problem...
shop.advanceautoparts.com/buy/products/112624-2-00-i-d-x-1-75-o-d-reducer-by-rol-exhaust-part-548516-exhaust-hardware.html

Last edited:
its hard to say, might be able to if your tricky enough.

have a look the the navrol buildup thread, have a look at the ic core he used.
might be able to do something like that. hard to say if he has extra room under the hood though with the navara body on the patrol chassis, maybe he has the body sitting higher.
your bodylift will be a help though.

Thanks man will check it out when I can.
I may just stick with the one you guys have used, cbf messing around too much!

Also, I was thinking about how to get around the problem of fitting the 2" 135 to the 1.75" 135,
I'll use these pieces...
2x (1.75" 135 deg bend)
1x (1.75" to 2.5" 90 deg reducer)
2x (1.75" alloy pipes)
1x (2.5" straight joiner)

navara intercooler.jpg Got the new intercooler and scoop just have to sort out how i will fit it in there

How much was the scoop?

On another note, has any one fitted a 2.5crd d22 cooler into the 3l? Is it bolt on application by any chance? Had a quick search couldnt find crap.

dont think they do mate and scoop was $18 delivered new off ebay im very happy with it just like the $150 patrol ones

Seems you guys are all going air to air coolers. Had you thought of going water to air? I was considering going that way. My mate has nearly finished installing a water to air I/C and turbo onto his VS commodore ute and I'm sorta using his as a guide.

core looks like 300x280, scoop does look a bit smaller than the patrol ones.

Last edited:
Seems you guys are all going air to air coolers. Had you thought of going water to air? I was considering going that way. My mate has nearly finished installing a water to air I/C and turbo onto his VS commodore ute and I'm sorta using his as a guide.

i almost went that way.

was going to use the frozen boost 350hp kit as a few others here have done.
was going to work out about $4-500.

but i decided the air to air was just a bit simpler and less to go wrong.

Yeh ok. I'm leaning more towards the W-A I/C as it won't matter where I put the I/C, and I can play around with where I mount the heat transfer/radiator. I thought I would try and squeeze the I/C inside the engine bay near the air box, and either put the radiator up behind the bullbar or create a bonnet scoop and mount it under the bonnet.

Yeh ok. I'm leaning more towards the W-A I/C as it won't matter where I put the I/C, and I can play around with where I mount the heat transfer/radiator. I thought I would try and squeeze the I/C inside the engine bay near the air box, and either put the radiator up behind the bullbar or create a bonnet scoop and mount it under the bonnet.

If you're pushed for space pwr and maybe a few other places do a barrel type cooler. I know they are a lot more expensive but they give you a lot more room

Last edited:
core looks like 300x280, scoop does look a bit smaller than the patrol ones.

Yea i am looking at fitting the intercooler they maybe looking for a larger scoop as far as i no the patrol ones are 41cm by 30cm mine is 24 by 27cm and you are correct the intercooler is 280x300x76 mm

Is it possible to fit a top mount intercooler with a thermo fan without a body lift? Need ideas haha

i dont think the termo fans fit under the intercoller but depends how big the cooler is otherwise go on top of intercooler and lett some of the fan rest up inside the cut out for the hood scoop if its small enough fan hope this hlps

Rusty would be the one to ask about this. I don't think he has a big body lift in his and he has a fan under his. He's the one that would know.

Latest posts

Back