d22 intercooler

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a look today, and there's only about an inch between the fan and the back of the winch.

there's heaps of navara boys out there with winches that want to run intercoolers.

i'd say the majority of guys that are looking to spend money on upgrades to 3l navaras would be guys that do a bit of offroading and run winches.

only spot i could imagine a front mount being able to fit is like the ase kit pictured.

top mount would be the best bet for most, like in the pic i posted the other day.

Attachments

• f13e36f54311f7e7a9a6bdb42a965b94.jpg
    f13e36f54311f7e7a9a6bdb42a965b94.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 258
If there are a lot of users with winches fitted i am willing to look at a cost efficient model for them also

G'day. I think anyone who is prepared to fit an intercooler has also got a long list of mods they want to do, and I would bet that a winch is high up on that list.

not always......i have absolutely no intention of fitting a winch to mine ever....but still want the intercooler badly. i know plenty of others in the same boat....i guess it comes down to what you use the nav for.

so from there....you guys that do have winches....prefer front mount or want a top mount?

i think with small changes to the kit design now i can still make it fit a winch by making a core fit as above....and wont have to cut holes....but wont fit 80 series box

Last edited:
not always......i have absolutely no intention of fitting a winch to mine ever....but still want the intercooler badly. i know plenty of others in the same boat....i guess it comes down to what you use the nav for.

so from there....you guys that do have winches....prefer front mount or want a top mount?

i think with small changes to the kit design now i can still make it fit a winch by making a core fit as above....and wont have to cut holes....but wont fit 80 series box

Mate you have no idea how keen I am to get an intercooler fitted to mine, and mine has a winch as well. Top or front doesn't bother me, if it can be like the 2.5 top mount with a similar scoop that would be awesome because they look schmick with a scoop :D

Ben85, your mounting bracket looks cool, were does the bottom bolt on to? Im about to make one up myself.

do you mean the bracket on my micro ic system?
or the bracket for the big top mount in the pic i posted up?

i think either would be good.

a perfect setup would allow fitment of a winch and and 80 series box and still be able to fit for those not running a bodylift. all that may be a big ask though.

ill be interested to see what you can come up with.

Id be interested in an affordable front mount kit that works with a winch and doesn't require too much cutting, not a big fan of top mounts, plus I don't want to cut a bonnet scoop in. But if its not on the market soon ill have to get a frozenboost w2a set up cos its the only cost effective thing on the market that ticks all the boxes afaic. Would prefer a2a tho.

Without me reading through 13 pages of info is there a bolt in complete kit for an inter cooler on a ZD30???

Id be interested in an affordable front mount kit that works with a winch and doesn't require too much cutting, not a big fan of top mounts, plus I don't want to cut a bonnet scoop in. But if its not on the market soon ill have to get a frozenboost w2a set up cos its the only cost effective thing on the market that ticks all the boxes afaic. Would prefer a2a tho.
i have been working on this today and should be fine to avoid winch

Without me reading through 13 pages of info is there a bolt in complete kit for an inter cooler on a ZD30???
there are a few on the market....we are almost finished a more cost effective setup now

i think either would be good.

a perfect setup would allow fitment of a winch and and 80 series box and still be able to fit for those not running a bodylift. all that may be a big ask though.

ill be interested to see what you can come up with.

i have finished the prototype for my kits last week....working with it today with just some small changes i can make it fit a navara fitted with a winch
BUT not 80 series airbox as my new design runs a pipe right where i have seen some people installing the 80 series airbox behind the headlight

how wide is your winch ben....would be great to get some measurements from a winch car to be sure....distance from winch to air con exchanger?

the only way to help winch owners and 80 series airbox owners and NON body lift is to go a top mount....but then some people are not happy with them either for many reasons.

Mate you have no idea how keen I am to get an intercooler fitted to mine, and mine has a winch as well. Top or front doesn't bother me, if it can be like the 2.5 top mount with a similar scoop that would be awesome because they look schmick with a scoop :D

i can change my kit easily to suit winch

Last edited:
i have been working on this today and should be fine to avoid winch

there are a few on the market....we are almost finished a more cost effective setup now

i have finished the prototype for my kits last week....working with it today with just some small changes i can make it fit a navara fitted with a winch
BUT not 80 series airbox as my new design runs a pipe right where i have seen some people installing the 80 series airbox behind the headlight

how wide is your winch ben....would be great to get some measurements from a winch car to be sure....distance from winch to air con exchanger?

the only way to help winch owners and 80 series airbox owners and NON body lift is to go a top mount....but then some people are not happy with them either for many reasons.

This is good news! Any word on when you'll have them on the market?

Does not bother me whether top or front mount mate. An intercooler is an intercooler and it is better than none at all.

This is good news! Any word on when you'll have them on the market?
At this stage about a month .... It takes a while to mass produce

Hey Forefront. Any chance you would be looking into w2a intercoolers?

I have played around with them before and yes they are extremely easy for me to put together a kit but i dont like them .... They always end up being a hot chunk of alloy under the bonnet of a 4x4

I manufacture watson racings jetski intercooler kits for them they work okish on them but they have an endless supply of high pressure 20 degree water being pushed through them and no choice for air to air

im not sure on the dimensions of the winch, but i think they're pretty much all about the same size.
i can try to take a few measurements during the daylight.

That would be great i just wanted to see how far over it comes to the passenger aide past the centre bonnet catch divider.... Then clearence from ac exchanger out to the winch

The top mount bracket is the one im after, cheers!

i'm not sure as its not my handywork, i took the pic from a thread called "navrol buildup"

so you will have to have a look for suitable spots to bolt it upto.

shouldn't be too hard, a bit of round bar - bend it up to suit and weld on some mounting points.
i would be mock fitting the ic core and piping first and then making the bracket to fit and hold the core in place if i was doing it.

I have played around with them before and yes they are extremely easy for me to put together a kit but i dont like them .... They always end up being a hot chunk of alloy under the bonnet of a 4x4

I manufacture watson racings jetski intercooler kits for them they work okish on them but they have an endless supply of high pressure 20 degree water being pushed through them and no choice for air to air

Hmm, why are they hot/hotter in a 4wd compared to another vehicle?

Latest posts

Back