SCV post mortem - PSA.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron31

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been dealing with an extremely intermittent stalling issue at cold start (and sometimes hot) for the past 3-4 years. Over the last 2-3ish months it picked up in pace to where it would happen more often than not at cold start - and even briefly resulted in almost no response from the go pedal at one point. No codes/check engine was ever seen/detected. I initially replaced cam and crank position sensors with no change. I decided to re-instate its original SCV - which I had swapped out (as a precaution only) at the end of 2016. Problem gone. Thankfully.

Out of blatant curiosity, I pulled the offending SCV and on the plunger, there is definitely signs of wear which I think goes a long way toward explaining the issue - most likely as a sticking of the plunger in turn causing a lack of fuel. Picture attached. I have also included an 'exploded' view of the SCV for reference.

Aaron

Attachments

• svc1.png
    svc1.png
    933.7 KB · Views: 0
  • svc2.PNG
    svc2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the post Aaron. Interesting that the original unit resolved the issue.

Was the SCV you replaced an OEM unit or Nissan one? As there seems to be a very large difference in price between the two.

Wondering if the additional wear your are seeing here is an indication of quality...

I've a large hesitation on takeoff that is worse when cold, but always present. I've suspected the SCV but not replaced it yet.. maybe its time...

Regards, HEATH
2008 D40 RX Navara

Latest posts

Back