Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bsk, has your bro done the track before?

not the powerlines but he's been doing 4wheeling for years with his old patrol.. now i got the nav he's been getting back into it with his lux.

he may have been there once or twice but normally sticks to lano/wedge and jullimar.

alright, we'll do the full track then instead of heading to the main bit.

i just need to remember which routes are the hard or easy routes as some parts just randomly go off into the bush or around some really tough stuff

dont want to send you through the tough stuff unless you got sliders/side steps because its possible to damage the sills of the car. also, watch out for really big rocks, the d22 sump is somewhat prone (epic design fail) so keep a good eye out.

haha, if you're lucky my cruiser will roll over XD

theres one bit of the track which i just HATE because my rear suspension is so stiff so it makes my car just want to roll no matter which angle i hit it at. oh well, lol. its pretty much a sharp right hand turn on a decent downwards slope.

I'm in, will call rog also. His tennants are pretty big into 4wd als. On that note I think I saw snowey? Near the city this arvo. That thig is fkn huge!

woo, glad you can go!

haha yeah, his nav is pretty awesome, a lot of coin spent to get it that way, but its deffo worth it i reckon.

so to finalise...

MEETING POINT: the fuel station just past the corner of great eastern high way and sawyers road, see the link: PhotoMaps by NearMap

MEETING TIME: 09:30, depart for the track at 10:00

hope to see everyone there! i'll be bring my roll over counter-weight, i mean friend haha

u rekon the rain today will hang around for some mud fun?

talking to my brother today about the tracks out there and he's tellin me stories of having to stack up boulders n rocks to make it up/down embankments n shit, he loves it.
He's gonna bring his kids, hope ya's dont mind?
- that does not mean we have to take it easy....
they love getting thrown around (strapped into there space seats of course) watching cartoons on their dvd players....

hopefully theres some turkey tracks for those less experienced.... :(

could be a bit of mud, we had a nice bit of rain over night and today, should be a bit more tomorrow and early saturday hopefully.

stacking up boulders? dont know what part of the track he did, but we never had to do that...however there is actually a few mundaring tracks, but the powerline track is the only one we can LEGALLY do. as mundaring is a large water catchment area, you'll get your ass handed to you if you get caught on the non-powerline tracks since its all a 'protected' area or something like that.

lol yeah, kids are fine. i'm only a young guy myself at 18 years old XD

and dont worry, there are HEAPS of chicken tracks! dont worry, the few of us that have been before will tell you which way to head so you got no worries.

sounds like it'll be a pretty good sized group!

well my truck is ready, swapped the tyres today and tested out for any rubbing. hopefully the pressures i chose will be alright, havent tested them at 100km/h yet. i told my mate who is coming he'll finally discover what 'road noise' is, lol.

I wouldn't stress about pressure, go high and drop them a bit at the start of the track and again if needed. At least they're muddies! Snatch may get a good work out with my stockies!

nah, i just mean road pressures. max pressure is 45psi cold according to the sidewall of the tyre, i'm just concerned about the expansion of the air as it heats up due to the friction between tyre and road.

on the track i'll run about 16, they got a thicker sidewall so needs less pressure to get the same bagging action as my usual skinny muddies.

Yeah I'm in for sure, already put the leave form in with management (gf) haha. Pretty sure Rog is coming too, said he might be a lil late but will catch us up. Should we bother with the section b4 Flynn? Lots of bumps for not much action

Yeah great day out, what happened to u guys at the end? Too much fun with those mudzillas? I got maybe 5 photos on my phone, will get em up later

awesome first time trip to the powerlines track today..
id most definitely be up for it again, hopefully with a snorkel by then!!

shame theres no more vids of the bigger passes or mud pits we did.

mudzilla's got rut!!

bsk-albums-nav-picture493-a.jpg

Latest posts

Back