NO-LIMIT Tuning chip from Germany

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok yeh very different to mine. You would think an earth to the engine block (fuel pump) would be the same as inlet manifold. My throttle does react very differently on tune 10 and 12 to the lower tunes. I have found it difficult to run the cruise control on these tunes as it is so sensitive to the slightest touch.

its the VP44-DENSO just so you guys know. Yeh thats what i thought. it does make a big difference in power tho. but mine isnt adjustable. it must just be set at one setting, i just want to sort out why its doing what its doing. i guess the wire ive connected it to on the pedal must be right if its working tho hey?

Last edited:
The member that started this thread (Tongantank) has your model, so may know more. Maybe PM him. Mine just plugs in to the rail so I can't say I know your product. Sorry!!!

Pulled mine back to tune 9 from 10 today. I found it is less sensitive to the throttle touch (cruise control) especially. Still nice strong power delivery.

i think i may have found the adjustment on mine too, i unscrewed the cap off the end of the unit and theres a bunch of prongs, like the male end of a plug. theres a red cap thingy that bridges one row to another. im guessing thats the adjustment as theres 7 rows of pins and mine is on the 4th. can anyone clarify this. jjohn. i also changed my throttle wire to another one and the car is much better. although the chip doesnt kick in till at least half pedal or more, not far from almost full on actually, doesnt seem that the fuel consumption would be any better if i have to plant my foot for the chip to do its job, i need to know what wire everyone has joined into on the throttle if anyone can tell me it would be much appreciated.
cheers
phil

Yep the red caps position do change the tunes. I take it you don't have the instructions?
My instructions are for the CR2.5. Maybe email No-Limit and ask for them, I did some time ago and they sent them the next day.

The first post in this thread reveals one purchased for $150. Other similar prices have been quoted for it as well. It seems to just be a resistor that modifies the fuel pressure sensor value downwards so that the ECU pushes the pump a little harder.

The first post in this thread reveals one purchased for $150. Other similar prices have been quoted for it as well. It seems to just be a resistor that modifies the fuel pressure sensor value downwards so that the ECU pushes the pump a little harder.

Thanks just found that and went to delete comment as your message came through cheers

wunlowcourier.

I have the same chip as you zd30 model. But i have installed it on a di yd25 navara here in NZ. Works really really well for the price.

The 7 jumpers you have found do change the map but not by a huge amount. Far left is lowest far right is highest.

Sounds like you deff have not wired it up to the correct pins on the ecu as stated in the diagram from no-limit. You must ensure you have the exact correct tps and map sensor wires at the ecu.

Also if you dont have EGT gauge... get one ASAP mine will get to 700 deg at high rpm and full load and high gears without any trouble at all on any of the higher settings. And i have an upgraded turbo on mine so i would expect yours would be similar possibly worse egt's.

The 2.5DI is uncommon over there but the pajero tf035 13t and td04 15t (this will lag a bit without proper tune) are great upgrade turbos for these as the stock turbo is pretty patheticly small.

I also changed my throttle wire to another one and the car is much better. although the chip doesnt kick in till at least half pedal or more said:
I don't mean to sound rude but if you don't have the tools or knowledge on how to test for the correct wires you really shouldn't be attempting the installation yourself.

There is only one Throttle Position Signal Wire, It is white and is easier to splice into at the ECU end.

Connect a Multimeter to the Throttle wire, and turn the ignition on. With your foot OFF the pedal, your voltage should be somewhere between 0.4 -0.8Volts. As you increase the amount of throttle, your voltage should smoothly come up to a maximum of somewhere between 4 - 5V.

What other wires do you have on the chip, except for power and earth?

yeh i might email them for it, im happy to leave it as it came for now anyway. and no i dont have an egt gauge yet but im looking into it, i dont think ill change the turbo unless mine blows or something like that but thats handy info thanks mate.. i went off the directions they sent me when installing the chip. they said to connect to the centre wire of one of the plugs, "the white one" which is what i did, theres only one white wire in the six connected to the pedal. no i didnt check it with a multimeter at first cause i figured they would be right since they are the chip manufacturers as such. it wasnt till it didnt seem right that i then tested the wires and found the correct one to be the middle wire on the other plug which happens to be orange, this is the one that reads .4 and gains voltage as the pedal goes down. the white one they said to connect it to reads battery voltage all the time so obviousy the chip was on all the time, everything seems good so far since i changed it, i just expected it to "kick in" a bit sooner thats all. the other wires u need to connect to is one you splice into the injector pump and an earth besides the one that goes to the battery.

for the mods,

can this thread be moved from the "New members intro section" to somewhere more appropriate??

took mine out. Pitty did it at same time as EGR mod so couldnt tll which one made more difference. Chip definately helped but only as much as EGR mod.

Going DP Chip - doing it properly.

took mine out. Pitty did it at same time as EGR mod so couldnt tll which one made more difference. Chip definately helped but only as much as EGR mod.

Going DP Chip - doing it properly.

what was it in? 3lt 22 or 40?
if it was for the 40 do you want to sell it?

I have a no limit chip i dont need anymore. 2.5 crd.

PM for details.

The problem with the statement of course is that engine RPM directly translates into rotation of the wheels. How much throttle you use is a different matter altogether.

If your engine has to turn over at 1500rpm to turn the wheels fast enough to do 60km/h then NOTHING you do to the engine, fuel or throttle will change that formula because it's entirely down to the gear ratios (which means gearbox, transfer case, differential and tyre size). If those things remain the same, you will ALWAYS use the same RPM for the same speed.

You might use less throttle for the same speed - and if you're using a device that increases fuel rail pressure, it's a fairly obvious result - but your engine MUST do the same revolutions to reach the same speed.

I was being picky on the guy's choice of words, mostly because his "sales pitch" made it seem like the chip was capable of doing the impossible. Not trying to take anything away from the chip itself - for $140 it does exactly what the $1,000+ Steinbauer or DP chips do, so for those on a tight budget it's a brilliant buy.

If you fit one of these chips to a car with an auto it is entirely possible to cruise at less revs. The reason being that for autos it is not a direct translation of engine revs to wheel revs as Old.Tony has pointed out. The torque converter allows a degree of slippage between the engine and driveline up to the point that the torque converter locks.

When I had a chip on my Pajero the difference between the point the converter locked at was quite noticable. As you are getting more power for less throttle input the auto trans ecu detects the throttle input and locks the converter earlier. To the driver it appears to be doing less revs for the same cruising speed.

This can also contribute to he better fuel economy some people report after fitting a chip. My fuel economy when towing improved by between 10 - 15% with a chip.

BTW, i went through 3 of this brand of chip before getting a refund as it always went into limp mode after a couple of k's. Got another brand from US that worked OK for several months then did the same. I suspect it could have been a problem with the car itself. Don't have to worry anymore as i now have a STX 550 and it definatley has enough power.

Peter

Hi Boys,

Just thought id make my first post about the No-Limit tuning chip i purchased from Germany for my D22 ZD30 engine. Installtion for this chip is pretty tricky(not like your CRD plug and play chips). Took me about 1.5hrs to fit it and for $150 it was def worth the gamble! I have now been running it for a week on 3rd highest setting, and it absolutely hauls arse!! This is no dodgy chip..one wire to your fuel pump,one to intercept the accelerator pedal and +/- for power. My truck struggled to pull my 2ton fibre glass center console(usually i would be in 3rd or 4th going up hills and cruise). Now with the chip fitted pulling the boat is too easy. Never saw 3rd again, and cruised in 5th for the first time!! It just feels like a petrol car, with the the pedal response, SPOT ON!

****Just my experience on it, thought id pass it on to all you boys****

CHEERS :)
Tongantank. when you wired in your No Limit chip where did you hook the
one to intercept the accelerator pedal (the white wire)?, I cannot get at the wires on the pedal to wire in. Does it enter the engine bay somewhere?
Cheers
Danny

Utill a week or so ago I had run the chip. Sold it as I'm selling the D40. The dealer put the consult on the car today to find an issue ( power loss ) seemed like the SCV symptoms to me. Anyhoo the consult found no codes to help but also found NO trace that the chip had been on the car.

I found the dia grtam that came with this chip very hard to follow. any chance of anyone sending me through some photos of where they hooked the wires up too?

Latest posts

Back