I chipped my YD25 D22!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azza

Reaction score
Today my tunit chip arrived in the mail courtesy of Nisnav40 (thanks again mate). I was like a kid at christmas and come 4 o'clock I raced home to throw it in and have a play. Once I figured out where it plugs into :big_smile: I hooked it all up and ran the wires and box over to a nice safe location away from any hot surfaces. Left it on setting 5 as this was the mid between 1-9. Started her up, all good, no fault codes or lights as I was worried because this chip was off a d40 and my egr is blocked it might not work.

Boy was I wrong, what a difference. Still has no power in the dredded 1000-1500rpm range but once the turbo starts before you know it your up to 3500 and changing gear with the cd's flying out of the hole in the dash :sarcastic: "ok" I thought, "this is sweet". So I went for a little drive down the road to a nice long steep climb. 3rd gear in my brothers old 2.8 hilux. I bumped up the setting to 8, still didin't throw a code. Hit the hill and smashed it in 5th. Only changed down at the top. Couldn't belive how this thing holds gear, the extra tourqe is amazing. The chip and exhaust combo is orgazmic.

So I drove out to the girl friends place, about a 20 minute drive down the hwy towards Yass. Left the setting on 8, this thing is bloody fast, I'll put the setting back to 5-6 as this is just stupid amount of power. I'll put it back to 8 when towing etc. Plus the fuel guage was moving while on 8 :big_smile:

Stay tuned lads as I play with the settings and record fuel consumption, towing results etc.

Cheers Azza

Nice work mate, will be interested to see the fuel consumption data.

You're game testing a chip anywhere near Yass ha ha, cops are notorious out there.

good stuff - keep everyone posted hey - there's always people questioning chip potential and if they're worth while

Sounds great Az, definately can't wait to hear how it goes with fuel consumption. By the sounds of things you have already answered the power question.

How much did the chip cost?

Sounds great Az, definately can't wait to hear how it goes with fuel consumption. By the sounds of things you have already answered the power question.

How much did the chip cost?

I'm still on the same tank of fuel :big_smile:

I put the chip in with a full tank and have been driving around with it set on 8 just to see how I go over a full tank of juice. Looks like it'll be using a bit more than normal with the setting on 8 but I've been punching the foot to the floor since friday as it's too much fun smoking new tritons and hilux's :rock:

They retail for $1300 but as mine was second hand off a d40 I saved a few bob.

I recently chipped a tooth. I know it's not as cool as smoking hiluxs and tritons. But its probably as painful for them to watch you fly off into the distance as it is for me to drink and eat cold things.

Latest posts

Back