NO-LIMIT Tuning chip from Germany

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tongantank

Reaction score
Hi Boys,

Just thought id make my first post about the No-Limit tuning chip i purchased from Germany for my D22 ZD30 engine. Installtion for this chip is pretty tricky(not like your CRD plug and play chips). Took me about 1.5hrs to fit it and for $150 it was def worth the gamble! I have now been running it for a week on 3rd highest setting, and it absolutely hauls arse!! This is no dodgy chip..one wire to your fuel pump,one to intercept the accelerator pedal and +/- for power. My truck struggled to pull my 2ton fibre glass center console(usually i would be in 3rd or 4th going up hills and cruise). Now with the chip fitted pulling the boat is too easy. Never saw 3rd again, and cruised in 5th for the first time!! It just feels like a petrol car, with the the pedal response, SPOT ON!

****Just my experience on it, thought id pass it on to all you boys****

CHEERS :)

It sounds like a fuel rail pressure increasing tool which for the price you've paid, is an absolute bargain when you sit it alongside Diesel Power, Steinbauer and similar chips, because that's all they do too.

ChipIt and Unichip chips are DIFFERENT. Yes they both raise the fuel rail pressure, but they do other things as well like play with the turbo variable vanes, crank angle sensor (CAS) and other stuff.

I searched for this No-Limits chip and found someone on a Patrol forum who had bought one and found that it gave him more power and - get this one - he cruises on the freeway at a lower rpm for the same speed. I'm in awe. For something that hooks into your fuel pump, throttle & power, it changes your diff ratios as well. Sometimes, people see things that just aren't there.

I believe it will give you more power, absolutely yes it will - and you're saving a bucketload compared to DP and Steinbauer. Good find if you want to keep it simple.

Hi Boys,

Just thought id make my first post about the No-Limit tuning chip i purchased from Germany for my D22 ZD30 engine. Installtion for this chip is pretty tricky(not like your CRD plug and play chips). Took me about 1.5hrs to fit it and for $150 it was def worth the gamble! I have now been running it for a week on 3rd highest setting, and it absolutely hauls arse!! This is no dodgy chip..one wire to your fuel pump,one to intercept the accelerator pedal and +/- for power. My truck struggled to pull my 2ton fibre glass center console(usually i would be in 3rd or 4th going up hills and cruise). Now with the chip fitted pulling the boat is too easy. Never saw 3rd again, and cruised in 5th for the first time!! It just feels like a petrol car, with the the pedal response, SPOT ON!

Got a link to where you bought it?

I searched for this No-Limits chip and found someone on a Patrol forum who had bought one and found that it gave him more power and - get this one - he cruises on the freeway at a lower rpm for the same speed. I'm in awe. For something that hooks into your fuel pump, throttle & power, it changes your diff ratios as well. Sometimes, people see things that just aren't there.

That's a bit naive without any actual figures quoted. Even if he's claiming he has dropped 100 RPM for the same speeds it's still possible, whether it's a result of the chip remains to be seen but you don't have to change diff ratios to alter RPM at any given speed, for all we know from the information given he has just eased up on the right foot.

I totally agree that people often see things that aren't there and while dyno's can show more power etc what the driver actually sees can still be completely different.

These chips just like all the others referred to on these forums will always be as much about personal opinion as they are about fancy dyno charts. But as long as the buyer of them is happy as Tongantank seems to be it doesn't really matter who has the prettiest dyno charts.

Even if he's claiming he has dropped 100 RPM for the same speeds it's still possible ... for all we know from the information given he has just eased up on the right foot.

Hey that's spot on. If anyone recalls the old thread about these chips I even stated that I noticed I had to ease back on the pedal in a 50 zone as the Navara just wanted to keep pulling past 50 with the same driving style from before.

So I guess the lower rpm, same speed is possible on the highway too.

That's a bit naive without any actual figures quoted. Even if he's claiming he has dropped 100 RPM for the same speeds it's still possible, whether it's a result of the chip remains to be seen but you don't have to change diff ratios to alter RPM at any given speed, for all we know from the information given he has just eased up on the right foot.

I totally agree that people often see things that aren't there and while dyno's can show more power etc what the driver actually sees can still be completely different.

These chips just like all the others referred to on these forums will always be as much about personal opinion as they are about fancy dyno charts. But as long as the buyer of them is happy as Tongantank seems to be it doesn't really matter who has the prettiest dyno charts.

The problem with the statement of course is that engine RPM directly translates into rotation of the wheels. How much throttle you use is a different matter altogether.

If your engine has to turn over at 1500rpm to turn the wheels fast enough to do 60km/h then NOTHING you do to the engine, fuel or throttle will change that formula because it's entirely down to the gear ratios (which means gearbox, transfer case, differential and tyre size). If those things remain the same, you will ALWAYS use the same RPM for the same speed.

You might use less throttle for the same speed - and if you're using a device that increases fuel rail pressure, it's a fairly obvious result - but your engine MUST do the same revolutions to reach the same speed.

I was being picky on the guy's choice of words, mostly because his "sales pitch" made it seem like the chip was capable of doing the impossible. Not trying to take anything away from the chip itself - for $140 it does exactly what the $1,000+ Steinbauer or DP chips do, so for those on a tight budget it's a brilliant buy.

I bought one sometime ago. There was a slight noticable power difference but nothing fantastic. It is now in a box in the shed and Chip-It chip i bought to replace it makes the D40 go like a rocket with a substantial increase in fuel economy.

If anyone wants a No-Limit chip with wiring and instructions to suit a D40 CR it is yours for $100.00. PM me. Hardly used.

The ZD30 in the D22 ain't CRD. So no fuel rail to increase the pressure.

It tricks the spill valve to dump in more fuel.

Well thats my understanding from Lyndsay at Northside anyway.

with the zd30 all chips pretty much work same way, CR is different story, different chips go about it different ways.

Well, I am now an owner of one.
Put it in.............
Mmm, ok.
So tune 7 as per instructions.
No noticeable diff.
Ok straight to the top eh 12.
Mmm, not much good.
So I email the company.
Reply comes next day.
"We don't usually use tunes above 12 in Aust. But attached is tunes 1-32", holy crap.
So instructions are to try each tune one up at a time.
Guess what I'm doin tonight?
I'll keep you posted.

Hi Boys,

Hi, I can only see common rail (2.5) listed on ebay and on their website. Did you get one for the ZD30 non common rail??
I was hanging out for a chipit chip, but a $150 chip might tide me over until I can justify to myself the need for a $1200 chip.
Cheers,
Bohun

Well I have found tune 10 to be great, almost instant response to the loud pedal, and strong torque through a wide rev range and power remains through the auto gear changes. Tune 12 even more responsive.
After I used 10 for a while, ( a few days ) I tried wrapping my intercooler hoses with cloth tape to see what all the talk was about with I/C hard pipes, cheap coot that I am. Looks daggy as but more responsive again.

Well I have found tune 10 to be great, almost instant response to the loud pedal, and strong torque through a wide rev range and power remains through the auto gear changes. Tune 12 even more responsive.
After I used 10 for a while, ( a few days ) I tried wrapping my intercooler hoses with cloth tape to see what all the talk was about with I/C hard pipes, cheap coot that I am. Looks daggy as but more responsive again.

Sounds good. Glad your happy with it John.

It is a big concern for alot of people and rightfully so.

Think of an engine as an air pump, with a side effect of producing power when fuel is added.

The most important thing is getting air in and out of it. not how much fuel you add.

Fuel requires oxygen to burn. Everything you can do to increase the amount of oxygen available will
A) increase the efficiency of the motor, giving better economy and more power.
B) Lower overall cylinder temps by burning the fuel faster and more efficiently.
Free flowing exhaust, More boost (to a point), less restrictive intake system, better intercooler etc..

All of those serve to increase the lifespan of the engine.

Once you have upped the amount of oxygen in the cylinders, you can very safely increase the fuel quantity back up to the standard ratio and retain factory engine longevity.

Very true, I wanted to do I/c and exh as you say.
Warranty is for me.
Thought for the price I would try the chip.
The NO-Limit web site say's it does fuel rail pressure and timing. It isn't the power everyone raves about available from the leading brands, but a nice addition to make it more responsive. Not to say that one day I won't go all out.
Love that you provide so much helpful insight. Many thanks.....

Latest posts

Back