HELP, Diesel-Power module ... Unsure if working....?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terra88

Reaction score
Hey all,

Still having issues with the diesel-power chip (not dp chip) that came half fitted to my 03 Navara.
The pump was replaced by the previous owner and from what I can tell they failed to reconnect the wire to the pump.
Also after several unhelpful emails to the supplier in Perth I finally got the dodgy install manual and found out that it was wired incorrectly into the ecu?
So I have now connected it correctly and checked to connections with a multi-meter but I can see no difference at all in either power or egt's when adjusting the module from min to max settings. (EGT's stays between 150-200 normal driving and 350 when getting up it)

So can anyone tell me how the wire that goes to the pump changes the fuel pressure? Does it increase or decrease voltage etc?

Also was told that the previous owner had the ECU remapped but I would have thought the EGT's would be higher if it has had the fuel upped. So not sure if this is true.

Please help cos this is driving me crazy..

Thanks Lee

G'day, I'm not really of any help. It just thought I'd drop a few lines cause I'm having an issue with my module as well. I fitted it today (using instructions I found in here- not the supplied ones) I can't seem to be able to set it Past 3! Don't know why. It starts and drives just fine and there is some improved performance on that setting but not what I was hoping for. If I set it any higher it holds on to revs when changing gears and 'chatters' and 'miss's' when decelerating for about 2-3 seconds. It's weird. I've set It up on 12 to see what would happen and it freaking flys!!!!! But it's a really harsh shift and does the above mentioned 'chattering' when slowing down. It's pretty much undrivable (with any respect to driveline longevity) on any setting above 3. I have a big front mount cooler and a 3" exhaust as well. Strange. I hope I can get a hold a hold of someone that knows a little about them to help me out a bit.

I had one of these modules fitted at turbo tech in Perth. I wouldn't stress to much, it only gave me 7 horses on the dyno for 1600 bucks a few years ago. I've since sold that nav and moved on to another, I wouldn't recommend that chip to anyone.

I paid $500 for mine off eBay. I'm still gunna play around with it but if setting 3 is as good as it gets than I wouldnt recommend it either. They make a lot of promise for bugger all result.

I had one of these modules fitted at turbo tech in Perth. I wouldn't stress to much, it only gave me 7 horses on the dyno for 1600 bucks a few years ago. I've since sold that nav and moved on to another, I wouldn't recommend that chip to anyone.

Ok thanks mate...

Hi,

Did you end up getting your Diesel Power chip to work?

I am having the same issues as Stiffy.. It's on setting 4 and is holding revs and "chattering" when decelerating. Stiffy did you sort your issue out?

cheers

Nope i disconnected it and its sitting my my centre console. Either the chip is stuffed or my ECU is already re-mapped to suit (as i was originally told by the seller)

Haven't looked into mine any further either. Mine is also now disconnected and sitting in the centre console :(

Latest posts

Back