04 D22 ZD30 limp mode issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamass08

Reaction score
Hey guys, Driving the Navara home from work last night, all of a sudden injectors got really rattley and lost heaps of power.

Engine light came on with codes; 72 - TDC pulse signal & 77 - fuel injection timing feedback. Still runs and drives albeit rough and slow lol.

Anyone had any direct experience with this?

Have so far replaced fuel filter & crank angle sensor with a known good one, run the engine off an external diesel tank to eliminate possibility of bad fuel in tank, swapped the injector pump sub loom with a spare one to try and eliminate bad wiring as the site I work on is extremely rough and muddy.

Don't want to go swapping the injector pump straight away with a spare I have yet, as I know that is going to take a hot minute unless I can confirm that is the issue first.

So if someone's had the same issue and had it sorted and can enlighten me as to what the issue was for them, that would be great !

*Also LV mechanic by trade, but minimal experience with diesel fuel system diagnosis.

Thanks guys ☺️

common cause of 0707 code is blocked fuel filter or air being sucked into the lines, typically at the filter.
put a bit of clear fuel line on and look for bubbles.

however having 0702 really points to the pump itself. i would check the earths in particular and anything that might cause interference, 2nd battery hookup, any aftermarket electronics. just to eliminate the cheap easy stuff first.

Regarding 0707 code - agree with tweak'e - it's usually related to blocked fuel filter or air in lines.

I have 2006 D22 dual cab ZD30 STR, 190,000 kms, very little trouble for it's entire life, about 60,000km offroad.

My experience:
1) Engine light began triggering (MIL) soon after starting and going into limp mode.
2) Initially happening at low revs. 0707 code coming up (no others after cleared fault record).
3) Replaced fuel filter (even though there was no water in it) as well as several slightly leaky and perished hoses into AND out of fuel pump
4) Result = Engine light no longer triggered at idle, but when revs pushed to 3,000-4,000, then triggered an went into limp mode. Same 0707 error code. Seemed to indicate small air leaks present at higher pressure.
5) Read in another thread (could be by tweak'e - he's knowledgeable and trustworthy) to check banjo bolts on fuel pump (fuel inlet and outlet).
6) Found they could be tightened by about 90 degree turn to "firm".
7) Problem fixed!
8) Cleared error code, and none has occurred since. Engine light hasn't come back on and that was weeks ago.
9) The banjo bolts weren't loose, but the extra tighten seems to have sealed very small air leaks.

Recommend trying this for 0707 code and before attempting more significant repairs like replacing fuel pump.

Took me about a month to resolve (little slow and dopey), but it was a clue I found in one of the other threads on this forum that helped.

Good luck and don't give up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back