Help. New head and no start

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead Pool

Reaction score
Hi.

Ok so we have a 2005 Navara D22 Zd30.
We just bought it got home drove fine 4hrs.
Realised headgasket was gone next day as went to drive and was pressurising while cold. Anyway. Bought brand new head and vrs kit.

Once back together it wont start. Had to replace primer pump as it died. Bleed lines pumped beautifully. No go.
Starts on start ya bastard.

Went through per other posts we found and made sure engine was TDC and the A, B and C all lined up correctly. Still no go.

Have found through investigating.
1. ECU fuse does not have power to it -should it have power?
2. Crankangle sensor doesnt have power - can i just put a 12 volt power line to it without blowing things up.
3. Primer pump needed like 10 pumps to get fuel to it, so would the possible leak be before or after the pump?
4. Is it a ECU issue causing the previous 3 things to be problem.

Thanks for the help.

Hi.

Ok so we have a 2005 Navara D22 Zd30.
We just bought it got home drove fine 4hrs.
Realised headgasket was gone next day as went to drive and was pressurising while cold. Anyway. Bought brand new head and vrs kit.

Once back together it wont start. Had to replace primer pump as it died. Bleed lines pumped beautifully. No go.
Starts on start ya bastard.

Went through per other posts we found and made sure engine was TDC and the A, B and C all lined up correctly. Still no go.

Have found through investigating.
1. ECU fuse does not have power to it -should it have power?
2. Crankangle sensor doesnt have power - can i just put a 12 volt power line to it without blowing things up.
3. Primer pump needed like 10 pumps to get fuel to it, so would the possible leak be before or after the pump?
4. Is it a ECU issue causing the previous 3 things to be problem.

Thanks for the help.
1) Yes, ECU should definitely have power when the car is powered up, it's the brains of the car and controls almost everything, including getting a reading from the Crank angle sensor.

When you get the reds on are you hearing any fuel pump action at all from anywhere?

I'd be checking your wiring, you're missing a major link somewhere.

Latest posts

Back