QD32 manual IP ,Lack of boost , Basic tuning.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagwill

Reaction score
Removed TD27 ETi , fitted, New QD32 engine, new mechanical IP [ 167002S622 ] , new turbo to suit QD32, [ GT2871 ]
Could not find any info on timing the IP, eventually set it to 0.6 mm at TDC with a dial indicator, i believe that made it about 4 deg. BTDC.
Starts VERY well , nice and smooth no diesel rattle.
Took it for first drive , underpowered and max. boost 2psi.
Turned fuel screw in 1 1/2 turns , good power, but EGT are high 450 to 500C cruising at 100ks [ probe fitted into turbo housing via an unused bolt hole immeadiatly after wastegate. Also the max. boost i can get after turning up the adjustment is 8 psi at full throttle, mostly 2 to 6 psi normal driving.
I feel there is still more power to get out of it, but EGT are already high,? They would probably go down if I could get more boost, but how, yes ive turned the adjustment with lock nut up several turns, no difference. Checked for leeks in intercooler and pipes/hoses. Made up a temporary connection from turbo directly to mannifold incase of leeks, no difference.
Possibly the timing could be out but I dont want to be altering a dozen different settings at once, and it starts very easy so hopefully cant be too far retarded and no nasty rattles so should not be too far advanced.
Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks

Latest posts

Back