Tuning VE44 mechanical pump, fuel screw

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagwill

Reaction score
Hi fitted an unknown new VE44 pump [ googled numbers , cant find anything ] to my QD32
I think ive got the timing somewhere near right, starts easy, just back from rattle.
Went for a drive turbo only giving 3 or 4 psi and only getting a top speed of 100km on a streach EGT at the end of the streach still climbing slowly and reached 480 C
This will be my first time fiddling with pump controls, but im thinking the first thing to do is turn the fuel screw up 1/2 turn, test it and another 1/2 turn.
Then afterwards deal with the diaphram set up on top later.
Any advise please.

thing to watch for,
turning up fuel also advances timing.
when you wind up the main fuel screw your increasing whats injected off boost. to increase on boost fuel you need to wind up fuel screw AND adjust boost comp.
some boost comps are adjustable, but not all. you may need to change pins if your doing high boost.

Thanks for your help tweak'e
First 1/2 turn nothing , another 1/2 turn nothing, another 1/2 turn quite a difference.
Power seemed to be getting into "normal" range.
Took it for a drive, boost still a little low, getting 6 to 8 psi at mid revs, full throttle. Down the straight we go , got to 130ks with egt hitting 600+ , Backed off after only a short run as its a new engine and it didnt feel as though there was a lot more left.
No smoke noticed in rear view mirror at all.
Its a lot better than it was, but I think there is a lot more tuning to do. not getting as much boost as i think i should and egt seems a bit higher than i would like. ,,, Boost comp has a red plastic cap in the middle which on removal shows a lock nut and screw. ??

Last edited:
without knowing what the pump is off no idea on its tuning. there is quite a difference in pumps.
might want to check out what the TD27t guys are using.

by mem i think the screw is the is the adjustable pin. can't remember if it adjusts up/down at all. i recall its ground around the circumference. so turn it 90 and it changes the slope of the pin.

Latest posts

Back