DP Chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jap55s

Reaction score
i was looking at the DPCHIP website,
the chip for mine is a dp-34, now they say before 110kw and after 128kw.
now is that at fly or at wheels? also would we even notice that 18kw gain?
also how easy/hard to install?

pics please if you have them

Phil

my dad has got a chip in his 2wd 04 rodeo. its a work ute, weights almost 3ton. he only recently put it on along with a 3inch exhasut and i can tell you as a passanger i can feel the diffence and ive driven it and it has some get up and go to it.

Those power figures will be fwkw,not rwkw.
And it is a claimed power increase of over 10%,if it delivers what they claim yes you will notice it.

apolloxbgt said:
Those power figures will be fwkw,not rwkw.
And it is a claimed power increase of over 10%,if it delivers what they claim yes you will notice it.

By fwkw you mean flywheel?

yes at flywheel and yes that is a significant improvement even the missus should notice it.

I have DP34 chip and it was easy to install 2 wires engine bay one is an earth and other goes to injector pump and then two wires ecu loom. just follow thw instructions given with the chip and it is very easy to follow.

I have DP34 chip and it was easy to install 2 wires engine bay one is an earth and other goes to injector pump and then two wires ecu loom. just follow thw instructions given with the chip and it is very easy to follow.

A little off topic but do you notice any gains from the dual hiclones?

Cheers

Hard to say as I did a few things all together exhaust and hiclones and then not long after the chip. But it was worth a try as I got the two size ones I needed cheap off ebay so it only cost me about $70 all up to try.

cabhsv said:
Hard to say as I did a few things all together exhaust and hiclones and then not long after the chip. But it was worth a try as I got the two size ones I needed cheap off ebay so it only cost me about $70 all up to try.

What are hiclones?

inset in the air intake that creates a "vortex" in the incoming air that supposedly inclrease air flows and thus better air / fuel mixture = more power. never used one myself. If it was that simple and cheap, seriously, why doesn't every car manufatcurure do it from factory....

inset in the air intake that creates a "vortex" in the incoming air that supposedly inclrease air flows and thus better air / fuel mixture = more power. never used one myself. If it was that simple and cheap, seriously, why doesn't every car manufatcurure do it from factory....

wouldnt 'work' on a diesels as its get more then enough air anyway. to me its just a restriction

I would shop around for other brands. Ebay, Chip-It etc. They all do basically the same thing by fooling the ecu to provide more fuel at different times.

I'm trialing the Ebay Power chip at the moment and plan on putting it on a dyno in the coming weeks. That will tell me if the $140 was worth it.

merchant said:
I would shop around for other brands. Ebay, Chip-It etc. They all do basically the same thing by fooling the ecu to provide more fuel at different times.

I'm trialing the Ebay Power chip at the moment and plan on putting it on a dyno in the coming weeks. That will tell me if the $140 was worth it.

Let me know how you go. I'll get one if it is 140 as appossed to my 1400 chip

Can the dp chips be activated with a switch? Like run standard ecu normally and when you need the extra power just flick a switch? Or will turning on and off constantly destroy ecu?

Back