D22 zd30 problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, l am new to forum and a d22 zd30 owner. My nav is a 2004 model l have a crank angle sensor code reading after l cleared all the other codes stored but I replaced the crank angle sensor but the code still appears even after clearing code again. The problem l have is it idles fine but when you gradually increase the revs it starts to break down when you hit about 1800 rpm and taco starts fluctuating until you get to about 2500 rpm and then it runs fine again. Like l said l have replaced the crank angle sensor, primer pump, injector pump and mafs sensor but still happening. When l removed the crank angle sensor and left it out it doesn't do it have l got a faulty sensor or could there be a problem with the harmonic balancer causing the fault. Any help would be greatly appreciated l am at a loss.

what was the code? (just double checking as there is similar codes).
common issues is interference on the crank sensor. there was one with a 2nd battery install that was interfering.
also check the earths. it puts out a low voltage signal thats easy to loose due to poor connections.

the other cause of similar issues is sucking air into the fuel. put a bit of clear fuel line on and look for bubbles.

i doubt the harmonic balancer because the tang is mounted to the main part of the pully. however it could be a loose pully.

Hi, tweak'e
Thanks for responding,
The code is 0407. It just seemed strange when I disconnected the crank angle sensor it didn't do it obviously the taco didn't work either l put clear plastic hose between the fuel lines at the filter that's what lead me to change the primer pump but still there.
Any more information or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

well thats the code for crank sensor alright.
ideally need to put a scope on the sensor and see what its giving out. see if the signal is clean.

if you replaced it ok and the clearance is good, checked the connections and the earths. you can get it with poor chassis to engine earth connection. check alternator earth connection.
otherwise disable everything you can. arcing relay contacts can do it. new radios, 2nd battery' cellphone charges etc.

I had an auxiliary relay give me grief with my aircon couldn't find much about it at the time replaced the fan fan resistor and it still did it it's only after looking through the manual I saw it was connected and was very hot replaced all is well think they are underrated
For the demand of current

Thanks to everyone for their input and suggestions l am extremely happy to say I have found the culprit and have fixed the issue.
It was the harmonic balancer after all the square plate that triggers the crank angle sensor was bent on each point so after replacing it it's running fantastic.
Thankyou all again for your input it was muchly appreciated đź‘Ť

Hi Guys
Well yes we have another problem with the d22 zd30.
It's a really weird one, on idle after it has warmed up if you sit there in neutral it idles fine but if you have the clutch in and in gear the revs fluctuate.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi Guys
Well yes we have another problem with the d22 zd30.
It's a really weird one, on idle after it has warmed up if you sit there in neutral it idles fine but if you have the clutch in and in gear the revs fluctuate.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
firs thing is to disconnect the neutral position switch on the gearbox. see if it still happens.

Latest posts

Back