D22 3.0 ltr lack of power.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10/80

Reaction score
Gents,
I have a 2004 D22 3.0 ltr diesel with 240'000ks, it starts easy and runs ok, a few days ago the check engine light came on and it lost most of its pulling power, real gutless on the hills now!....I've had a mechanic look at it and he said it was showing a crank angle sensor fault code and a RPM sensor fault code....Any thoughts as to what's going on would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
first thing is to find the actual codes.
there is no rpm sensor fault code. hes probably quoting the reader hes using and many readers do not work well with nissans consult system (its not obd2).

first thing is to find the actual codes.
there is no rpm sensor fault code. hes probably quoting the reader hes using and many readers do not work well with nissans consult system (its not obd2).
Yeah I guess he was just repeating to me what he was reading from his scan tool.....How do I find the actual codes?

Last edited:
Yeah I guess he was just repeating to me what he was reading from his scan tool.....How do I find the actual codes?
either off the scan tool or do it manually. the procedure is written up around here somewhere.

Went for a drive today, only went about 1k before stopping at an intersection, as I pulled up and put the ute in neutral the revs went up, the tacho stopped working and the check engine came on again. :(

Last edited:
The CPS is behind the crank pulley , the pulley has a square metal plate stuck to the back of it so that the 4 corners protrude and that is what the sensor picks up .
Make sure the corners aren't bent , follow the cable back to its plug at the top of the engine and make sure its o.k. The CPS is referenced against the fuel pump for TDC and they need to match otherwise it thinks the timings out CPS do fail.
https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/geeyoutoo-3l-di-troll.102892/page-112

Latest posts

Back