Castrol Magnatec

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zasq

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the 10w 40w Magnatec for 2010 manual D40? I have only done 12k
I was going to use the Magnatec Diesel but I saw it is 15w 40w, Nissan recomend 10w40.
I use it in my Hilux 2000 model and it has decrease in engine noise from timing chain.

Iv been using the castrol magnatec diesel oil every 10k, buying it in 20l drums. Will use the penrite next seeing how many are using the it on here and iv seen 10l jugs of it pretty cheap. Always used penrite hpr40 in the rotary, quality no-bullshit stuff, and australian.

Ive been using magnatec and now the magnatec diesel.
But i have a d22, I see you have a d40.
I believe you need to use oil that is dpf friendly. I dont have a dpf.

The 10w40 and 15w40 relates to viscosity and probably only worth worrying about if your at extremes of hot/cold climate.

I would be more concerned about the aci and acea ratings.

I just read the side of my magnatec diesel container and it states not suitable for dpf vehicles. Does yours have dpf.

I pulled the head off a 6 cylinder falcon that had two services with magnitec, I was amazed the head was coated in a gold layer of oil, you literally couldn't scrub it off. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but I haven't used it since and have stuck with Penrite. In my opinion, if I changed oils after a stint with magnitec, that oil would still be coated on the engine for some time.

I have a manual so no DPF, I have decided to use Pentrite HPR Diesel 5.
Dont wont to risk it with crap oil.

Hey guys,

Does anyone use OR recommend Castrol EDGE 5W-30 A3/B4?

Meets or exceeds industry specifications

* SAE 5W-30,
* ACEA A3/B4,
* API SL**,
* VW 502 00/ 505 00,
* BMW Longlife-01,
* MB-Approval 229.3/ 229.5
* **Passes all engine test performance requirements
* of API SN but exceeds Phosphorus limits of those
* classifications.

I use Castrol Magnatec 15w40, no issues at all though I do live in the Pilbara so can justify the slightly higher viscosity due to the warm climate

does anyone know roughly how many liters to do a change over on the diesels.
and did you's use a cleaning product when doing the change over?

Last edited:
Check your service book, I haven't got mine handy but it's in the specs section, I think D40's require 6.7l including the filter.

And no I haven't used any cleaning products in any of my services.

Latest posts

Back