Another suspension question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireone2

Reaction score
Hi all. Im upgrading the stock suspension in my D40. Looking at the TJM gold gear, OME gear and a tough god setup. There is several hundred dollars difference between all 3.

What are peoples opinions on which I should chose?

Hey there, it's really up to what your willing to spend. I originally chose the tough dog 2" lift but ended up getting efs instead. Long story short I'm not 100% happy, it's a good setup but I should have waited or gone somewhere else for the tough dog.

It depends on what you want to do with the car. If you're going to tow, you're going to need different springs to "normal". If you're going on corrugations, you'll need shocks that have a good (or really good) heat dissipation rate.

If you're willing to do it yourself, ask Zordo on this forum for advice and a quote. He will NOT send you up the garden path.

If you want someone else to do it, look at your requirements and see if any of those come within budget.

Personally I was looking at Sax springs until they started having some major troubles. I'm not sure they're over their issues, but their triple action springs certainly LOOK good. Eventually I went with a total solution from ARB - Old Man Emu Nitrocharger Sports shocks for their high heat dissipation rate, and dual-rate Dakar springs for the rear (HD coils up front). Performance is superb.

Latest posts

Back