winch install on factory nudge bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats farken tops mate. Good little side business for you, let me know how much if your keen to make another one.

keen to make more.need to fine tune this one a little as i think its a bit on the heavy side.might need some speed holes.....i does need i think some shear bolts to get it close to airbag compatability....not many crumple zones there unless you count the chassis rails.

So far no problems.the only thing is you need to trim the plastic bumper both sides of the number plate mounting box about 60mm to clear the winch frame.and the cuttout behinde number plate to acces the rollers.the nudge bar im expecting to be a standard fit with all its mount points as standard.im a sheet metal man that mainly does 60-70s car restos so i like a unmodded body and chassis and all improvements i think should be removable whithout affecting the original form.this always makes mods hard when trying to combine factory parts,looks and strengh.

I might be more inclined to leave the nudge bar off if its going to look that flush with the Bar by itself...

Yes i almost prefer it without the nudge bar.after seeing the mounting points for it....it pretty much has no strength.....but ill make it so it still fits.need somwhere to mount my spotties.

Few more hrs spent tonight fabricating some correct chassis mounts.so it bolts up tight..
So the only body mods are now the front bumper plastic trimming as i spoke about before.and 4 bolt holes behind the bumper support bracket.2 each chassis rail and they are already the you just need to enlarge them to 10mm on the inside and 16mm on the outside for fitting the 2 crush tubes on each chassis rail. Here are some mire pics.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120904_214024.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_214024.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 183
  • ForumRunner_20120904_214128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120904_214128.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 194
Bit more work finnished this weekend...painted frame,mounted,finnished all brackets,retrimmed the plastic bumper and wired.now to test run.......

ForumRunner_20120909_203531.jpg

ForumRunner_20120909_203554.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120909_203619.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120909_203619.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 238
Just need to tidy up some plastic edges but its done.apart from the nudge bar....that probably wont be going back on but it can all the needed mounts have been remade........orders anyone? Price is 2k......joking.

Camo, That is awesome. Looks much better without a nudge bar too. Would it be hard for you to do a fairhawse (whatever its called) for a synthetic cable?

looking at the end of the chassis rail, your's has that diamond shaped bracket which looks like part of it, and i assume yours is a thai built. i took the bumper and the pressed steel bar behind it off, and mine(spain) only uses 2 vertical bolts to hold it on, on a rectangle plate on the end of the chassis. i,d be keen to get one, but maybe this needs to be double checked incase you make one for a spanish model. i think even the widths between the rails are different?

ericcs i was aware of this.pity there not all the same would make life very easy.im hoping the depth measures the same and a few other parts but for the actual mounts think its a redesign...if there is some interest i will try to get hold of a spain front cut or at the very least one to make a jig from.

Camo.b that's awesome !! Are you going to put the nudge bar back on ? How did you go with the spotlight brackets ? Top job and good write up

Camo.b that's awesome !! Are you going to put the nudge bar back on ? How did you go with the spotlight brackets ? Top job and good write up

I might put the nudge bar back on but i do like it without.i will put it back on just to make sure my measurements are tiptop.should be all good.i keep running out of time to spend on the nav just now.im suppose to be finnishing the metalwork on a old hr.so the spotlight brackets might have to wait a week.do love working on the nav its instant satisfaction unlike old cars that take forever.

Back