What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fitted the EGR plate to the old girlm noticed a difference straight away. best mod for the price to date. maybe just a little more noticable being a 2.5.

I topped up with 45 litres of free diesel and the mate got about 90 for his trol, stripping the smashed trol he bought, was a good fuel up

Put 30mm alloy spacers on top of front springs,lifted the car about 70mm, very happy .will put spacers under springs tomorrow,took the car over some rough stuff today ,no differance,cheap way to lift ,overall about $3oo cuz

Got some goodies in the mail. Bought 2 60mm Depo racing gauges EGT and boost, Their Japanese gauges with good quality motors and will hopefully have them installed within a wk or 2. Also got a EGR blanking plate, a chipit oil catch can and also a manual boost controller, once everything is installed I'll be taking my car to Allstar tuning North Brisbane to get it boosted up and Dyno'd

Didn't do it today but has an annoying squeak that was driving me insane. After doing lots of things I found out it was the bonnet latch. Fixed with a little grease.

Amazing that the 40,000k service includes "Lubricate locks, hinges & hood latch"
yet mine were not done.

Now I think my dealer is one of the better ones but WTF do they actually do that is listed in the service book?

Didn't do it today but has an annoying squeak that was driving me insane. After doing lots of things I found out it was the bonnet latch. Fixed with a little grease.

Amazing that the 40,000k service includes "Lubricate locks, hinges & hood latch"
yet mine were not done.

Now I think my dealer is one of the better ones but WTF do they actually do that is listed in the service book?

I dont think they do much of that stuff listed in the book at all and for $1170 it is just not justifiable.

I took mine to my own mechanic for my 40k only the week before last and for $540 he replaced all the filters with genuine Nissan ones used fully synthetic oils in

the engine, diffs, replaced the oil in the transfer, and gearbox ,

replaced both clutch and brake fluid , pressure tested the cooling system,

adjusted rear brakes and hand brake, done all the usual safety checks,

and even added some injector cleaner and some friction proof to the motor.

so i actually got more done then the book says but for less then half of what nissan wanted and it was done by mechanics that have been around 4wd's for longer

then most of Nissan's guys have been alive.

I also think Nissan can not complain about anything if there was were to be a warranty issue as they use all genuine filters.

got some new tyres
uploadfromtaptalk1373619040373.jpg

Not so much what I've done today but what I've loaded up the truck ready for what I will be doing tomorrow ...... The 2inch lift kit!!!!

20130712_171314.jpg

fitted redarc 1225LV BCDC charger for AGM battery in Tub. Excellent piece of gear and you can see the cut in and out on the scanguage.

Latest posts

Back