Went down to Pedders suspension.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
went down to pedders suspension this afternoon and fount out i cant really lift my front end at all ? he said maybe 20-30mm tops so how are u all lifting your navaras ? maybe its time i move on to something els .

went down to pedders suspension this afternoon and fount out i cant really lift my front end at all ? he said maybe 20-30mm tops so how are u all lifting your navaras ? maybe its time i move on to something els .

regarding a factory front end thats true of the D22 frt end.....but you can get much better shocks as well as upgraded torsion bars......

u cant go too much up or down as you will be on the bump stops.

lol but can it get up there with the big boys its still stock other than the tray maybe i should get something witch would do both ? i need the ute tho for work .

lol but can it get up there with the big boys its still stock other than the tray maybe i should get something witch would do both ? i need the ute tho for work .

it'll be fine.....just upgrade the susp front and back....get the back done to suit your load and youll go far..... its a D22:rock:
make sure that the front end clearances are where they should be and get a frt alignment done

:cheers!:

so when he winds up the torsion bars where do i go from there put a better spring in or shockers or something ? need as much advise as i can get as i dont no too much . thanks krankin for the help so far .

Go somewhere other than pedders for a start - there's better value for money out there.

New rear leaf packs & a set of good quality (large bore) shocks all round will make a huge difference to your handling. I run EFS - paid about $900 (fitted myself). Search the forum for opinions on different makes - but shop around for best price.

so when he winds up the torsion bars where do i go from there put a better spring in or shockers or something ? need as much advise as i can get as i dont no too much . thanks krankin for the help so far .

u can only wind the bars up so far, so the correct clearances are met.

even with new upgraded bars, they need to be set up with the correct clearance's and an alignment done.

as before u can get the frnt end and rear end done/upgraded....separately or all the same time in a whole set kit.... up to you.

frnt shocks, torsion bars, rear shocks asnd leaf springs...yes shop around...

arb/ome....zordo....efs.....ironman......................

:cheers!:

Pedders is like the Harvey Norman of the computer/electronics world, it's for people that want to drive in and drive away with what they have been told to buy/fit by the salesperson. Lot's of bad stories around about them. They suck people in for a $14 safety check then tell them they can't give them the car back because it's unroadworthy! Unfortunately some people believe this crap.

Do your research and you will end up with a much better setup. Plenty of threads on here about suspension.

Cheers.

yeah ill go to another 4x4 shop tomoz while i have a thew days off cheers for the help anyone live around bayswater vic? anyone recommend anything to me and don't say arb as they are shit in kilsyth bad costumer service just coz i am young they think i do not want to spend money.

yeah ill go to another 4x4 shop tomoz while i have a thew days off cheers for the help anyone live around bayswater vic? anyone recommend anything to me and don't say arb as they are shit in kilsyth bad costumer service just coz i am young they think i do not want to spend money.
You can always chat to Patrol a part in Lilydale. They gave me some advice on lifting my rig. Except they mainly/only deal with Patrols...

Pedders is like the Harvey Norman of the computer/electronics world, it's for people that want to drive in and drive away with what they have been told to buy/fit by the salesperson. Lot's of bad stories around about them. They suck people in for a $14 safety check then tell them they can't give them the car back because it's unroadworthy! Unfortunately some people believe this crap.

Do your research and you will end up with a much better setup. Plenty of threads on here about suspension.

Cheers.

Having worked for them previously i can say that they know their stuff. I never kept a vehicle from it's owner because it was unroadworthy, You have no right to do so. The $14 safety check is more thorough than a Road worthy check on suspension a RWC requires a suspension component to last only 30 days and allows fair wear and tear and that is at the testers discretion. when a Safety check is done at Pedders it's checked so that the suspension components will last Far beyond 30 days. There are heaps of products out there that suit different drivers it's a matter of seeing what you want and what you are prepared to pay.

Unfortunately that is the problem with franchises mate, qualiy and service can vary greatly across each shop. There are plenty of stories around about the bad ones.

Latest posts

Back