Tyler-k's 2012 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler-k

Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is my 2012 build and complied d22 that i picked up in mid may with just the tonneau cover and tow bar. since than I've added the nissan steel bar that I got from Garry at nizzbits. He had the bar sent within a day of me transferring the money and within 2 days of my first email to him. His service is 2nd to none.

That same week I ordered my undien 7760 uhf and gme aerial from prestige. so i fitted it all up that weekend. Than i had the tint dont and the 4 pad couplertech system installed in preperation for my trip to straddy. The last thing i added before the trip was some recovery points from fnb 4wd which also had great service.

the next things to go on in the next month or 2 are some narava 225's and nissan/tjm snorkel.

anyway heres some pics.

cheers guys

-tyler

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 13,914
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 205.jpg
    205.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 294.JPG
    294.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
and just a couple more

Attachments

• IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 221
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 189
nice truck, I was looking at a white one but ended up with a new D40 because of the extra room.

any other future mods

If you had kids or people riding in the back all the time the d40 would be the go for sure but it's just me and the mrs traveling in it so it's ideal for now.

Spotties and snorkel very shortly than I'll be saving up for a lift, tyres and winch as we want to do a bit of traveling. I had a gu ute a couple of years ago when I was still an apprentice that I couldn't really ever do all the things I wanted because of a lack of money. I turned tradesman at the start of this year so I'll be doing all the mods I want on this one haha to make up for the last 4wd

cheers
-Tyler

hi

Nice rig mate am still waiting for mine to arrive, did you wait long? also don't they have a chrome roll bar thats what VON BIBRA told me?

Good stuff mate, the normal d22's have the chrome roll bar but when Nissan Thailand got flooded they did a special edition d22 made in Japan and that came with the black roll bars and only single batteries. Did you go through von bibra robina or southport? I was negotiations with robina but south coast Nissan gave me a better deal in the end.

Either the narva ultima 225 blue or a friend who works in the truck industrie can get hids wholesale but they are a bit of a no name so I'm a bit sceptical of their quality. Any other suggestions of Spotties around the 225-240size mark for under $450

-tyler

so i finally got my driving lights. I ended up going with the lightforce 240 blitz as i had got mixed feedback about the narvas. i'm really happy with the lights, i just want to get some crystal spot and spred covers.

My next question is what lift have people gone with. I've pretty much decided on the efs kit through zordo. my main issue is how level do the d22's sit when going the 2inch kits. Do you get enough adjustment out of the front to get them pretty close to level, I just hate the look of some 4wd's that cruise around with the rear end way higher than the front. Any help would be great

i plan to get the lift and some 265/75/16 bighorns before christmas. im going the bighorns as I ran them on my gu and they were great for the price.

Anyway a couple of pics

cheers
-Tyler

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 114
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 109
You'll love the sound that comes with adding a snorkel!

Haha i bet I will. That's the other thing on my list before Christmas hopefully. Anyone have any info on the suspension side of things?

Cheers
-Tyler

hey mate,

suspension comes to your budget. i had the EFS kit from Zodo and had no dramas with it. the car sat level after a few months of it settling down. each nav is different in the front end adjustment as some may gain more then others, but i had no dramas. only reason i dont have efs anymore is that i changed my plan for the truck.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty that's what I was after. I'm pretty much set on the EFS for now as it'll do everything I need for a while. If it doesn't level out enough ill have to get some cal UCA's. hopefully it'll only be a few weeks and ill have the suspension and tyres on. Pics soon

-Tyler

Hey mate, Zordo did my kit as well and I couldn't be happier with it, After talking with John I went with EFS comfort leafs (greasable shackles), Ironman torsion bars and Rancho XL 9000 adjustable shocks.... Its a different car with new suspension and the front only sat down a tiny bit, even after I put the UCA's in I only wound the front up another 15mm

So a little update. I've had a tjm snorkel installed just before Christmas. I love the sound it gives when giving it a bit of boot.

so I joined in on the group buy Rustynav is running on the calmini arms. So once they turn up ill be having them, idler arm brace and a full tough dog kit fitted.

Then I decided to install my sub and get a new head unit with a decent Bluetooth. I'm pretty happy with the sound now.

So ill have some new pics with the nav wearing its new suspension and boots in a couple of weeks.

-Tyler

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 88
Just a shot from over at straddy over Christmas. I'm glad I had the snorkel installed. I did some pretty deep water holes while I was there. Muddy shit never again haha it stains everything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Back