Tyler-k's 2012 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it through prestige communications in Perth I think they are. They're probably the cheapest place for all communications gear. For the UHF gme aerial and postage to Gold Coast was $400 off the top of my head.

-tyler

finally got my suspension and tyres on. In the end I went for tough dog suspension with foam cell shocks and torsion bars. while it was in I had the calmini arms installed.

Then I sent it in the following day for the rims and tyres. I ended up going with dynamic 16 x 8's with the a +20 I almost wish I went 0 offset now and I decided on 265/75/16 km2s as I ended up getting a decent price from the 4wd show.

the torsion bars need to be wound down a bit as the tyre shop took them up too high, but what do you think of the angle of the cv. massively excessive??? it sits at a good height now because the tough dog leafs raised it up 75mm so it sits level but bump stop clearance is only 10mm.

anyway I love how it looks now. The lift, tyres and rims made a huge differance

Attachments

• IMG_1234.jpg
    IMG_1234.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1237.jpg
    IMG_1237.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1241.jpg
    IMG_1241.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1250.jpg
    IMG_1250.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 159
Haha just did that yesterday tony the trailers back to sitting normal now. I was surprised so far that the bigger tyres haven't made that much of a differance power wise while towing. Ill report back about fuel economy

-Tyler

Thanks Tyler,
Have to change tyres soon and am still heading for standard size 265/70/16 so any info you can share I will benefit from.

Hey Tyler,
how's do you find the economy and power towing the trailer now that you have had the tyres for a little while ?

Hi tony

I honestly haven't found there to be too much of a differance. Economy wise I think I've probably lost 50km's over a whole tank or there abouts which possibly costs me not even $10 more a tank as I usually fill up once I reach 1/4.

Power wise it is probably a little more reluctant than before when taking off but again minimal. I find with the trailer just a little bit of revs then release the clutch and its all good and that's how I drove before. I'm planning on an exhaust sometime soon just to give back that bit of power loss and economy. But there is other things on the list first haha, I can live with it easily. With an exhaust and doing the egr mod I'm hopin ill be ahead of what it was before the tyres.

-Tyler

Hey how much lift did you get with the tough dog kit and how does it ride nw ? I am also getting this lift for my truck ??

Cheers George

The tough dog kit is good and I'm pretty happy with it. The rear springs gave me 75mm lift so 3inches. I was lucky that I did the UCA's at the same time so I could wind the front up to match the rear. My bump stop clearance is still only 10mm though. With only the standard UCA's it's going to be riding a lot lower in the front. I'm hoping the springs will settle some more though.

-Tyler

Latest posts

Back