The ranga

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the same guys by the sound of the guy talking and the vehicle in the background.

Yeah i hope it doesnt, but i know one thing both of those didnt just go due to what they were doing in the vid, i would say they had been getting a work out before hand.

I aslo would much prefer to snap the drive shaft then the main pinion shaft or the diff housing like i did in my D40.
In a way it actually makes more sense to have a consumable part in line prior to those hard to change and very expensive parts.

It wasn't the tie rod. Driveshaft and no further drive to that wheel (or either with a open diff) Steering still worked fine afterwards.

Last edited:
It wasn't the tie rod. Driveshaft and no further drive to that wheel (or either with a open diff) Steering still worked fine afterwards.

You are right it was a drive shaft, but even if they had a locker with no drive shaft there is no drive, full stop, open diff or not.

you can make drive shaft's stronger, goes to show how strong the driveline is in those ute's compared to our shitters, I hope mine never breaks but it"s allway's in the back of my mind wherever i go and it shit's me, more so if i have the family in the car and being mile's from anywhere, and with the d23 running the same stud pattern as these d40's i can only asume that they are just as piss weak.

few pics from the other weekend, just thought i would throw some in the Ranga thread.

deleted

Last edited:
Hey Nathan.

I have to say I am jealous. I love the tough look of these cars and the simple fact wheel fitment isn't an issue even without lift. I emailed Ultimate Suspension lastnight in regards to some new Aus monotube shocks for the nav. Is this what you used?

The wife and I test drove a ranger a little while back in the 3.2 auto and it was super smooth and comfy. But couldn't get the wife to approve the trade in 😭.

Keep up the top work looks good. Might have to show us how it all works on a outting

G'day Rusty, sorry i missed this post and never got back to you.

yes mate im using Ultimate's monotube, love ho they are rebuildable (not that i have had the need on any of my last three utes)
the ride and durability is just spot on every time, cant fault their stuff mate.

Did you end up going with them?

Put the winch in today, i was doing it myself and because of the broken back still being on the mend i had to get a tad inventive getting the bar off and back on, hahah check out my make shift A frame lol

I do like how the winch has its own cradle with theses TJM bars makes the install a piss of piss and as its bolted to the chassis very strong and totally independent of the bar wich also allows the control box to be mounted in behind the bar and out of the way, I much prefer it there then in-between the spotties like i had it on my last few utes.

Yeah i like being able to mount the control box behind the bar, gotta say im impressed with the TJM bar, not the Parramatta Branch but the gear is awesome.

Ordered full turbo back mandrel bent 3" system yesterday from DEA Performance in Vic. $500 delivered, no cat, no muffler.

should be here early next week, hopefully get it on for the weekend.

Back