Should i buy a 2003 d22..?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g-lover1991

Reaction score
Hey guys first post in the Navara forum.. After buying a d22, and I found one at my local dealer.. Its in great condition, it does have 220 000kms on it, but with full log book service and everything, and it is very clean for 2003 ute.. Its bog stock nothing but a tjm canopy, good enough tyres for now, and drive away with 6months rego.. they want $15000 for it, I feel a bit over priced..?? And after a long tested drive, the synchromesh from changing from third to fourth might be on its way out, a fairly bad grinding crunching feel and noise whilst changing, and I made sure to have my foot all the way to the floor on the clutch, and it wasn't to bad if I changed really slow..

Just seeing if anyone out there has had any problems with this on similar Navara ad kms..?? or if anyone can tell what it could be, maybe even just oil change on the gearbox.. And if the price is to high..?? Thanks heaps..

welcome to the forum, i do agree with your thoughts on the price, it does seem a little high considering the age and km's also the fact that you say there may be a problem with the box.
You will find plenty out there for that price range and i would say later models even with less km's.
If it were me i would keep on searching.
All the best, let us know how you go.
Regards,
Nathan.

Have a search on carsguide and drive.com
print out a few similar cars with similar ks and take them with you to dealers
I reckon after just doing a quick search its worth about 12 to 13 grand
good luck

Hi, Bought mine, same model year, with similar K's, stock and few small bumps and bruisers but not to bad, and mechanically pretty good, so after the mods needed like tyres, suspension, winch and bar, uhf, spotties and full oil changes ect I'm probably up there now, where the price is that your looking at for that one. Although I don't have a canopy.

And happy with it for now but as kids get older and turn into teenagers might need to change then as not much room for legs in the back. Actually if I didn have kids I would pull out the rear seat and put fridge camping gear in there ect.

Last edited:
Yeah buy one, they're a good reliable unit but shop around.
I regret that my decision, although a good price at the time, turned out to be for a model without airbags/abs etc...lack of research really, didn't know the designation STR can come with/without these features. Also distinguishable by lack of power mirrors(chrome) which didn't really phase me but I wouldn't buy without safety feature these days.

The synchro thing could be the clutch on it's way out. I know mine is getting there and starting to get a bit notchy at 175,000

Stock power was a little less than I could handle since Nissan set up the ZD30 to underfuel so I've put a chip and exhaust on mine and runs pretty good now.

Good luck with your purchase!

mate, i bought an 03 STR 3.0l Turbo a month ago. 3 months rego, immaculate body work, bullbar, towbar, headlight/bonnet protectors, dual batteries, 90% all terrains, mech A1 with 215000kms. it cost me $11000.

For $15k, i was looking at 06-07 models with 150kms on them. Keep shopping around mate ;)

Righto will do, it's got a tow bar, with electric brakes so its probably done a bit of towing.. And I need one from a dealer cause got a trade in, but they always charge that little bit to much.. 07 sv6 vz Red ute, if anyone knows someone who might be interested.. Tell me if I'm not aloud to advertise.. Hahah

Last edited:
your right to advertise just make sure its got a roadworthy before you offer it up for sale.

Latest posts

Back