ryco water separator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have the zd30 engine you will need a lift pump as well. dual filters makes to much restriction.

Do you have a pic or a link to the Ryco water seperator, am looking at getting one.
Looked at a Water Watch but they want $590 + postage.

I was thinking that depending on what water trap you have bought it may actually replace the standard unit altogether, well at-least that is what i did with my old LN106 Hilux

Does your new Ryco look anything like this??

one thing to watch with aftermarket filters is flow rating. some have high flowing filters BUT only in certain sizes/micron rating. the zd30 flows a lot of fuel around the fuel circuit.

Ryco one looks the same as that one

in that case its probably designed to go in the place of the standard version, the thing is with the one in the picture is that i had to remove the float which will be connected to the ecu to indicate if water is detected , im not sure if with out that plugged in the ecu wont throw into limp mode as it does if it detects water??
That wasnt a problem for the Hilux which obviously has no computer.

this is the ryco one would this be ok to put in with the original

Attachments

• download 9999.jpg
    download 9999.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 63
I run a ryco water separator in my d22 (yd25) with no lift pump and it works no problems so far

ok a lift pump is the standed one yer am i right

what ??

you can fit water separator, which is the clear bowl on the bottom in the pic, without doing anything else.
but if you fit a fuel filter, as in the pic, it adds restriction so you need to fit an electric fuel lift pump to overcome the restriction. generally use low pressure carby fuel pumps like carter p4070.

common rail engines are fine, its only the zd30 that needs the lift pump.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back