Diesel Fuel Filter - Change Interval

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felix26591

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a D23 with the YD25 engine built in mexico and I was wondering how often you guys are changing the fuel filter on these?

I was going over the Service Manual and it indicates 100,000km or when water level sensor lamp illuminates (mine has never illuminated) and drain water from it every 20,000km.

1694044281817.png

1694044251211.png

BR,

Felix

it really comes down how good your local fuel is.
if its poor change it sooner.

Here in Australia we have good quality diesel, I personally prefer to buy either Caltex, Shell and or BP. Rarely does anyone complain about fuel contamination, from theses complies, you can buy Premium Diesel, yes I know the argument about premium fuels, I use a fuel additive which works great, normal city driving change every 2 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    362.4 KB · Views: 0
Here in Australia we have good quality diesel, I personally prefer to buy either Caltex, Shell and or BP. Rarely does anyone complain about fuel contamination, from theses complies, you can buy Premium Diesel, yes I know the argument about premium fuels, I use a fuel additive which works great, normal city driving change every 2 years.
aussie fuel gets loads of complaints. its pretty crap. the fuel itself has issues and same with storage. fair few stories on here with dead engines due to bad fuel.

NZ is pretty good, but only because they made it illegal to have smoky vehicles and one of the small players started getting in better quality fuel than what was made locally. suddenly the big players started making the good stuff and after a few lawsuits they up their storage game.

Many below ground tanks have some water in bottom. Usually below draw off point for pump. Ok. But if you pull in while a tank is being refilled from tanker then the mixing will allow some water to be mixed with fuel and included in your fill up. Water is a no no for modern fuel injection.

Latest posts

Back