recent chip comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran 2 X TDC Power box as the fist one blew up and then on queue the second one stopped as well. After driving the D22 CRD ute for 18k with one on it I can say that there quoted figures are marketing BS.

I have now purchased the Aussie product Chipit and it is one great product. I bought one for my CRD Patrol and was so impressed that the Nav scored one as well.

This chipit unit has brought the D22 CRD to life and it needed it. Great product Robert.

Thanks for that BradM. ... we really appreciate it when people spend their time to give us a pat on the back.

And yes the D22 really does come alive with a good chip and tune.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers

Just to let you know rob that leprechaun has a gu with the 3ltr, would that make any differende with the fault code

derrrrr Robert .... ummm yes ...

GU Patrol .... drill 8mm hole in the middle of the plate for no error codes.

:)

Another wire in jobbie too isn't it?

Not something the home user can plug in and drive away

Similar results to a Unichip.
It is the only other chip I know of that is a proper tuning solution, not just a cheap Diesel Pressure plugin.
It can do fuel pressure/timing/boost etc...

Not quite the same level as unichip, as it can also do injector extension as well.

As far as I know the xede doesnt come as plug and play like the Unichip does

So have they finally got off there ass and made the plug in looms available for the navara to suit Unichip? If so this is very good news

I am surprised if they do. They usually sell just to dealers where they need to be fitted by an experienced fitter

They sure do.

Huge gains in economy and power to be had by adjusting injection timing without the need to even add more fuel or boost.

So how are you adjusting the multiple injector pulses which these common rails have these days?
Aren't the injectors controlled by the ECU and the crank trigger.
By adjusting the injector timing, say opening earlier is like advancing the timing in a petrol engine or advancing the camshaft.

I thought the main thing we all want is more power.
So by injecting the same amount of fuel earlier gives us a power gain?

By creating a earlier or better combustion burn then we need to add more fuel be it deisel and/or petrol engines to get more power.

In petrol engines we add more injector timing(open longer) , ignition timing and boost at selected rpm levels.

In a deisel engine I thought our main priority was more fuel/air but watch the EGT levels as we don't have great control over combustion burning process as in petrol engines.

Also curious as to why a number of members posts have been deleted from the end of this thread?
There was a few serious questions that didnt get answered.

they changed servers so bits and pieces went missing lol!

So mr Chip It! have you got a chip for the zd30 non CRD yet?

I'm hanging out for the good news!

^ What he said.

Scrapped the turbo idea as its to much !@#$%^& around and if I blew it. Id be !@#$%^ in the middle of no where waiting for the custom "Bolt on" turbo to arrive.

To many good option's. Northsides Unichip or Chipits chip.

Still no direct answer on if the plug in unichip looms are available IN AUSTRALIA yet.

I know they do exist but have not been made available before.

Unichips are still wire in at the moment are they not?

We have not focused on pre commonrail chips to be honest however there will be one available in about a month if all materials (incl cases etc) make it to production line in time.

Please contact the 1800 number around the middle of March

cheers

Chip it
March has been and gone, and i am sure that i am not the only one on the edge of my seat waiting for your zd30 non crd product to hit the shelves with some info on what it will do better/different to other chips.
Cheers Bryce

Latest posts

Back