recent chip comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your using a higher tunes than the folder3custom2?

Hell yeah! I got Justin to email me some really high tunes. All I need now is a larger intercooler to get more air in as highest tunes just blow too much black smoke.

I am running the highest I can without too much black smoke which gives me 150kW and 530nm on the dyno.

Hell yeah! I got Justin to email me some really high tunes. All I need now is a larger intercooler to get more air in as highest tunes just blow too much black smoke.

I am running the highest I can without too much black smoke which gives me 150kW and 530nm on the dyno.

Nice figures. Pootrol would never stop with that much grunt.

my chip it is on its way, I also have a 3 inch exhaust on the way too. Im dropping into my house hourly to check the mail to see if its here. Cant wait to try out the different tunes etc. Everyone seems to be happy with them.

At the wheels !?:thank_you2:

No go on a higher tune for the Pootrol, I tried but it developed a flat spot at WOT, full revs. Sounded like the engine was trying to go hydraulic, never mind.

I'm still pretty happy, By seat of the pants dynoing, I think it has better performance then the king cab did and is far more relaxing to drive on and off road.

Hey KC when you put your Pyrometer in did you put it in before or after the turbo,

About 50mm after, You don't want the end to break off and go through the turbo, It's unlikely to happen but better to be safe.

No go on a higher tune for the Pootrol, I tried but it developed a flat spot at WOT, full revs. Sounded like the engine was trying to go hydraulic, never mind.

I'm still pretty happy, By seat of the pants dynoing, I think it has better performance then the king cab did and is far more relaxing to drive on and off road.

we have a fix for that too KC. Easy mechanical mod = no more flat spot.

Ring the office and ask for the Limiter Disc. You pay freight, we provide part for free.

we have a fix for that too KC. Easy mechanical mod = no more flat spot.

Ring the office and ask for the Limiter Disc. You pay freight, we provide part for free.

You sent me one with the chip!. It's installed but I can't get any higher tunes than the folder3 tune2 with out developing problems in the upper rev ranges WOT.

Folder 3 in pretty high. If you send me the tune you are using (by email) I will tweak it down and you can try that.

robert at chip it dot com dot au

Cheers

Folder 3 in pretty high. If you send me the tune you are using (by email) I will tweak it down and you can try that.

robert at chip it dot com dot au

Cheers

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll leave it with the folder3 tune2, Fuel economy still seems ok, no clouds of black smoke, and really good power increase.

I'm still getting the EGR fault code being thrown, any advice on how to stop it? I'm just clearing it with the scanguage, occurs about once a week.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll leave it with the folder3 tune2, Fuel economy still seems ok, no clouds of black smoke, and really good power increase.

I'm still getting the EGR fault code being thrown, any advice on how to stop it? I'm just clearing it with the scanguage, occurs about once a week.

OK.

EGR Fault code ... on a Nissan :shocked: :confused:

We don't get error codes on Nissans ... even WITHOUT the Chip fitted. If you have tunes from folder 3, I wonder if your MAF sensor is maxing out. Try cleaning the MAF meter with MAF cleaner ... I think you know this trick right? Let me know if you don't.

Let me know if this fixes the issue.

BTW, what is the code you read?

hey i have a tunit chip and 2 3/4 exhaust on my 2005 navara and havent noticed any differences in fuel consumption. i get on average 10 / 11kms a litre and have had them 4 about 1 and half years

lucky we dont sell tuneit ;)

BTW, you know DP, Rapid, Tuneit and Roo chips all use the same chip ... just rebagded chip from germany that has the variable resistor settings on the front face.

Next time you have a 4WD action mag ... check out the close up pic of the Tuneit chip ... exactly the same as DP :)

Last edited:

BTW you are not stopping the butterfly from opening are you? This may be where the error code is coming from. You need to blank the pipe near the cooler ... do not stop the valve from operating.

lucky we dont sell tuneit ;)

BTW, you know DP, Rapid, Tuneit and Roo chips all use the same chip ... just rebagded chip from germany that has the variable resistor settings on the front face.

Next time you have a 4WD action mag ... check out the close up pic of the Tuneit chip ... exactly the same as DP :)

Thats interesting.

Wouldn't buy any of those mentioned though.

After reading alot of the info on here between you and Northside, I am alot more informed.

Cheers to both of use.

BTW you are not stopping the butterfly from opening are you? This may be where the error code is coming from. You need to blank the pipe near the cooler ... do not stop the valve from operating.

Yep, just blocked at the cooler, throws up the P0401 code. Did some searching, it seems that most of the CRD guy's occasionally get that code.(after blocking egr).

I get it once a fortnight on average, worse in cold weather so I wondr if the code is generated by a temp sender? My trucks hasn't even had it's first service yet if age has anything to do with it.

It's easily cleared with a scanguage, but just annoying more than anything else

funny that we do each and every Navara that comes through our doors (with customer's consent and for race use only of course) and none that I know of have every come back with this issue. On some vehicles we do need to run a 8mm - 10mm hole through the plate to keep the MAP sensor/ECU happy

Latest posts

Back