Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if that still aint narrow enough...

nothing beats the sound of a straight 6 diesel with the exhaust ending 230mm after the cab and pointing 45 degrees down, under the tray, and unmuffled and uncat'ed of course :) did i mention thats legal? LOLZ

sounds like a semi truck minus mega turbo whistle, and scares people good too :sarcastic:

haha..
thats definately a 1 off then...

Has anyone been to moore river around the seabird area? I havent been there but sounds like its worth a look...

And anyone feel like putting a date down for a trip in the next few weeks?

Has anyone been to moore river around the seabird area? I havent been there but sounds like its worth a look...

there is a few tracks around moore river...
seabird is mainly beach driving where you can drive along the foreshore forever... bit like lancelin/wedge..

what gear do u guys recommend when going 4wd'ing? as in recovery gear (and best spot to get it) and anything else you guys would suggest.

ah yeh i see...
the area im thinking of (i think lol) is east of seabird, actually right near the river... im googling it now to see what i can find out

I head up to Wilbinga fairly regularly. 23kms past the ocean view pub north of Wanneroo, on Wanneroo road. Turn left on Wilbinga Road signposted with and old tyre. Abount 20 min on the dirt you hit the beach go left or right plenty of hills sand bowls good camping spots and 40 mins fromPerth.
Stay off the beach though it is soft as and sucks you in like quick sand.
Google wilbinga there are some good posts on explore oz etc.

what gear do u guys recommend when going 4wd'ing? as in recovery gear (and best spot to get it) and anything else you guys would suggest.

a basic list:

- air compressor (best to buy a brand name one from a 4wd shop, dont buy a cheapie one as they are unreliable and tend to over heat, plus my bushranger max air 2 comes with 5 year warranty)
- snatch straps (mininum of 8t i say, people prefer brand name ones because they have been 'tested' by 4wd magazine mobs and tend to have features like 'over stretch markers' which tell you when the strap is no good. i personally have got 2 straps off ebay, one no name and one TGA trading, both 8t and at 30 bucks each. put them to the test yesterday with my 3t cruiser stuck in mud and handled it like piss)
- shackles (only buy RATED shackles, these have a number such as 4.7t stamped onto them and a coloured pin)
- recovery hooks for the car (most brands seem to be good, all around the same price)
- good old shovel for when stuck in sand haha
- hi lift jack (deadly in untrained hands, but i use mine so much and its helped me so many times, dont buy a chinese one)
- maxtracks (pretty handy in the sand, didnt work for me when i got bogged in the mud, but pretty expensive at nearly 300 a pair from most shops)

i get most of my stuff from ebay, but i got my compressor from the 4wd shop as i wanted the warranty

thats just a few off the top of my head, but there is plenty more that can be bought

definatly the first 5 items, i'd say if ur on a budget and dont do heaps of offroading the last 2 would be optional... anyone agree?

they werent my maxtracks anyways, i had to clean them though, ugh haha. i personally wouldnt use them, they are a 'self' recovery device and i never go 4by alone...rule number 1!

instead of a hi lift jack, take a metal plate or a big solid piece of wood that you can put under the standard jack so that it doesnt just sink in mud/sand and so that it has a firm base.

buy a proper wheel brace/wrench. the standard one is a pain and slow, and if you're stuck out bush with one it just makes it just that bit easier. make sure to buy a strong steel one, i've already bent and twisted my free light steel wheel brace/wrench (macho symbol here)

a UHF radio isnt a NEED, but its very handy on convoy/4by trips plus if your in a local 4by area stuck by yourself you can get lucky and call a group of people to help.

True that. Has made my life that much farkin easier in the desert with side punctures have had 5 plugs in the 1 hole (no puns intended) to get me out of the proverbial.
Have grown up with 4bys all my life just invested in a winch and thinking why did I not do it sooner but also realized it has taken some of the fun out of getting unstuck LOL.

And that was on the 2nd spare. Did the transline to Rawlina east of Kalgoorlie and shite loads of rock on the track. Made it there was crapping myself on the way back no spares.
Hole was the size of my thumb but we shoved in the plugs and got it to seal had to top up the air every known again.

sorry to intrude on the recovery gear convo lol...
just incase anyone was keen for a trip soon ;)

Latest posts

Back