Oil blowing out from dip stick holder :S QD32

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nedm1989

Reaction score
Hey guys, the other day after parking the nav in my shed I noticed that once I took it out that I had 3 really small oil drips on the ground.

The thing hasn't leaking any oil since I've owned it so I hoped it wasn't from my oil plumbing from when I turbo'd it, I had a check and all lines seemed fine.

I had a look yesterday and found that the starter motor was covered in oil which has dripped down to the sump, so I was relieved that it was not the sump gasket as I've heard their a bitch to replace.

It looked like the outside of the dip stick holder was soaked in oil and I am thinking it may be because of the catch can I'm using. So I cleaned off the outside of the dip stick holder with degreaser and a rag.

So I went online and bought one of forefront's small catch cans as I didn't see the need for 25mm ports from the big one since the QD32 PCV's only have a small outlet but realised it was the best move at the support a lot more flow and also have a pressure release valve.

I disconnected the catch can and just had the hose running down and took it for a spin on the freeway, after coming back I had a look around the dip stick holder and where I cleaned was dry but the wiring loom and one of the cables, I think maybe the throttle cable had oil on it which sits right under the top of the dip stick holder.

My brother said it might be a rear main seal but after seeing this everything would be soaked if this was the case, has anyone else experienced or heard of this happening before? I just don't want to blow the seals out of the engine as I'm getting it nearly where I want it to be in terms of upgrades.

Yea I put in 7.9 Liters as per the nissan manual last service including the filter, plus about an extra 100ml because its now turbo'd.

I'll check when I get home today but I'm pretty sure it's not over full.

If its got a fair few kays on it, now that you've turboed it, boost could be leaking past the rings and pressurizing the sump pushing oil up the dipstick.

Fair enough, I've done about 3500k's on it since I've turbo'd it and hadn't seen any oil leaking or noticed it.

Would it be possible the PCV isn't working properly when the engine is under load properly? It seems to be working when its idling as I can feel a decent flow of gas out of it.

The PCV is supposed to relieve all excess pressure from the sump area. Your dipstick should never leak oil.

I'd guess that it's overfull too, since the PCV seems to be working as expected.

Thanks guys, I've had a look at the oil level but now wanted to see if anyone else with a QD32 has the same issue with their dip stick as stupid as this is going to sound, the oil is always smeared 1/4 up the stick and on one side of the stick it shows that it's full.

But on the other side its also smeared up to the full marker. Has anyone else had issues reading the oil levels in your QD and if so how did you get past it?

Latest posts

Back