new hilux...probably get banned for posting this

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

180degrees

Reaction score
Figured it was time to show some pics of the new hilux.

So far loving it, had it for a week, its chalk and cheese compared to the D22, the engine is 1 million times better, with the auto theres pretty much no flat spots it just pulls like a 14 year old and its nice to have a motor that actually has power below 2000rpm, its weird you can hear the turbo wastegate at like 1100rpm, must run like a vnt or something. I drove the manual and theres pretty much no reason to buy it when the auto is so good even for a 4 speed imo it matches the engine perfectly.

I do kind of wish I got the SR5 but no big deal I saved about $7k getting the SR and mechanically its almost identical apart from the auto locking diff, I can upgrade when the new model comes out.

anyways I'm planning on doing a 3inch lift, 285 KM2's, snorkel and some bar work (arb deluxe, arb towbar and buds sliders), going to take a while though because the funds I had set aside for mods had to be used buying the car due to a clerical error at my bank, no big deal less to repay anyway but still annoying I'll post up whatever I do to it in case anyone is interested.

anyway this is her
67d3e86e-71d8-43dc-bfa9-73bf4f7ee997_zpsa91cf8d8.jpg

5c4ce684-1bf1-4047-8e39-2161c7894a5e_zps8282fa16.jpg

Now before anyone says it no I shouldn't of upgraded to a D40 lets not go there :saberfighting:

Each to there own, I changed over from an old ln106 hilux with the mighty 2.8 diesel, I was keen on another lux, but I found it hard to justify the extra coin

Two of my mates with auto hilux's have had to install a secondary cooling system due to the box getting hot off road and the warning light kept coming on.
They absolutely hate it when doing steep descents, they find they have to ride the brakes the entire time.
We are always waiting for the brakes to cool when there is a creek crossing at the bottom of hills, compared to the other manual Hilux's.
They do seem to able to be slightly better on the climbs when its slippery and rocky as they can get the power down a tad more gradually.

Im glad i dont have a black or dark colour 4x4 anymore, it was almost impossible to keep clean for more then 10minutes and if you even look at the smallest leafs you will get scratches, fine for a street car but if you intend to go off road they are not ideal if you intend not to get blatantly obvious bush pinstripes.

Anyway good luck with it and getting your mods done.

Arrhh those rims they look like the old unmarked police cars from the early 90,s but that aside now you wont be left behind at the lights by barinas or need a kidney belt off road will look good with the tyres and bar.

good luck with the new ute mate
i looked seriously at a yota b4 i bought the nav
the big killer for me was the price of the yota
and the fact that in my opinion they need extensive mods(more$$$$) to make them useable offroad
a workmate recently bought a sr5 for $52k
then spent nearly $16k on mods
nice capable ute BUT $68 k for a ute ??
my d22 owes me $40k and imo will go anywhere his sr5 will and then some
and i dont give a shit if i scratch it
cheers

turbo is variable which is what makes it so much more power down low.
just watch the injector seals on those. i'm told they need replacing on schedule otherwise they can cook the injectors and blow the engine.

Two of my mates with auto hilux's have had to install a secondary cooling system due to the box getting hot off road and the warning light kept coming on.
They absolutely hate it when doing steep descents, they find they have to ride the brakes the entire time.
We are always waiting for the brakes to cool when there is a creek crossing at the bottom of hills, compared to the other manual Hilux's.
They do seem to able to be slightly better on the climbs when its slippery and rocky as they can get the power down a tad more gradually.

Im glad i dont have a black or dark colour 4x4 anymore, it was almost impossible to keep clean for more then 10minutes and if you even look at the smallest leafs you will get scratches, fine for a street car but if you intend to go off road they are not ideal if you intend not to get blatantly obvious bush pinstripes.
Yes thats the price you pay with most autos unfortunately, since I will spend 95% of my time driving it on the street however it shouldn't be to much of a problem. If I got a manual I'd have to go and drop $1500 on a HD clutch so figured the auto would pretty much pay for itself, think its like a $2000 option.

also choice the of colors in the SR with vsc pack was extremely limited, I could have blue or black, I really wanted gun metal but there was none they could source by the end of september for that toyotathon thing so I chose black in the end.
turbo is variable which is what makes it so much more power down low.
just watch the injector seals on those. i'm told they need replacing on schedule otherwise they can cook the injectors and blow the engine.
I read about that, thought they fixed the seal problem in 2008 when they changed the material they used for them.

Last edited:
afaik the seals still get replaced as part of normal service. it might be listed in the service book.

choice the of colors in the SR with vsc pack was extremely limited, I could have blue or black, I really wanted gun metal but there was none they could source by the end of september for that toyotathon thing so I chose black in the end.

I read about that, thought they fixed the seal problem in 2008 when they changed the material they used for them.

The same thing happened with my last D40, they were on a run out deal for that year model and i had the choice of the black or dark blue or buy the next year model for an extra 6k so i chose to save the cash and took the black.

as for the injectors, four of my mates with Hilux's from "05"- "07" (i think) have had there injector seals go between 80 & 130k, the trouble is if you go to that much trouble to get the injector out to change a seal then you may as well throw new injectors in, so the cost does sneak up and up

yukky!! but should look good with the mods you have planned,like any 4x4 mods does.

also as for more power down low anything has to be better than the d22!!

bryan

his is a little bit extreme, thats like 5" of lift and 305's he had to get new brake lines it was that high at the back.

I'll be happy with 285's and a 3" lift I think anymore and its to many dramas trying to get things to fit.

the ZD30 down low at least is better then the YD25

have a drive of the latest YD2.5, my cousin who has a hilux with a chip and exhaust drove mine when i first picked it up and was spewing!! he could not believe how much better it was then his off the mark, and after owning a ZD30 for five years and doing 370k in it im 100% positive this new Nav would beat it off the line and all the way to any speed over any distance, but none of them are drag cars so who gives a ......

The 450 in standard form will out perform most and now all the issues have been fixed that's your pick i reckon the auto makes it drive faster though in theory a manual should be faster if the driver knows the torque curve as for the traction control it's a mini difflock the mate that travels with me can maintain a slower speed than the 22 on the rough stuff with no loss of traction.

i certainly have no issues with low down torque in my 2.5, and powerwise it at least matches my old mans 3.2 triton which has a 3inch exhaust and chip fitted, same mods on mine would blow it away.
I have a mate that's currently shopping for pretty much the exact same setup, SR hilux with the wheels and flares pack (and other things i think) though he's keen on a manual.
i test drove these before i got mine and i'm very happy with my choice, however if we were all the same the world would be a boring place!

Latest posts

Back