new hilux...probably get banned for posting this

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys I was talking about the 2.5 in the D22, so gutless down low, nissan really need to do something about it.

+1 on that 180 i knew what you were referring to but going from 87hp atr to 152 i don't give a f..ck and nor do nissan i had to drive my mates stock 22 cause he was badly pissed and it was horrible no guts at all and being used to my efs i found it bounced and wallowed never would i drive a stocker again.

It's a good thing the 22 is low on power cause they don't like stopping or turning in a hurry
There a bare assed work Ute
And they do the job well imo

You should know by now that D40's are that awesome its not funny.

Recalls, timing chains, alternators shitting themselves at 100,000km's is a "Good thing".

Congrats on the Hilux dude. You and I will be missing out on all the YD25 design faults.
You are never here to know whats going on bloke perhaps a bit of enthusiasm for the folk that have purchased that model with no problems perhaps jerk off over your home page on the dmax forum if it was stilll going nobody appreciates your constant negativity when you finally state your point

50 + grand for a hilux thats not going to see off road, probably good idea, are they any good offroad? Must admit with big wheels and a huge lift they look ok.

You are never here to know whats going on bloke perhaps a bit of enthusiasm for the folk that have purchased that model with no problems perhaps jerk off over your home page on the dmax forum if it was stilll going nobody appreciates your constant negativity when you finally state your point

You flip quick

Guys if you wanna talk shit about Dave (mod) go start another thread for it...
You should know by now that D40's are that awesome its not funny.

Recalls, timing chains, alternators shitting themselves at 100,000km's is a "Good thing".

Congrats on the Hilux dude. You and I will be missing out on all the YD25 design faults.
cheers mate, hows the dmax going? it was the only other contender on my to buy list, the hilux won out cause of the manual shifting hi/low range.

Last edited:
Apologies 180 for butting in on your thread after 5 wks away he appears with negativity about d40's why be an admin or moderator if you hate the product and send bad vibes to people that are looking for advice for their purchase that is what a forum is about case closed

x2 on that happy, sick of the sledging form these blokes, 180 I hope your new hilux serves you well probably the best when it comes down to eas of modifying good luck

I know I've referred to these cars as "Toymotors" (just like I call others Mishitibus etc) but if a Yota is what is wanted, get a Yota and be done with it. You don't NEED a D40, you don't NEED a D22 - you NEED the car that ticks YOUR checklist. It has to make YOU happy, not me, not the dog, not the Chinaman living down the street. Good luck with your purchase, 180 - congrats on the new car.

Not aimed at the OP: I just wish people would realise that this forum is a NAVARA forum intended for discussions around the Nissan Navara and repeated sledging of Navaras here doesn't do anything FOR the forum or its participants.

I don't mind a cross word here or there or something said in jest - I'm fairly lenient and have been called "a bleeding heart", but there are limits, no matter how relaxed I appear.

From the main page:

The Navara Forum was formed to allow fellow Navara owners to get together and experience the ownership of one of the best off-road vehicles going around!

Our forum allows members to gain knowledge about their Nissan Navara and to exchange ideas. We try to help with any questions, problems and solutions by real people that work with and own all types of Nissan Navaras.

We have an atmosphere of friendly people that enjoy their off-road vehicles and want to take it to the next personalized level. We are a social community which enables its members to connect with other Nissan Navara enthusiasts.

So don't just join another discussion board... Join The Navara Family Today!!

so where is the
D22 powerband......it aint up mid to high like my work triton

nothing like a d40. We now have a 09 model stx at work, talk about pick up, leaves my lite d22 for dead, but it also leaves The turbo diesel courier behind as well.

nothing like a d40. We now have a 09 model stx at work, talk about pick up, leaves my lite d22 for dead, but it also leaves The turbo diesel courier behind as well.

its not meant to be like the D40...different truck...different class,,cant compare it
Ive not had any probs with low down on my '22

wow!!

congratz on the hilux!! definetly if i wanted to change my D22 would be for a hilux, 3.0 Turbodiesel on.

thanks to my work(minning area) i had the chance to drive lots of utes, all of them are good to what they ment to be built: work, bad treatment, bad roads and still have some confort while you drive.

Here in Chile people is not very much worried about work cars, they just use them till die, for that the best seller ute is Nissan D22: works fine at 0 or 5500 meters over sea(yeah! some very important minning places are at that high); snow, bitumen, gravel, dirt, sand, rocks, loaded or not always accomplish the job. Seconding that comes the hilux and L200, same as D22 but more comfortable.

so any ute can work well as road car or family car.

greetings!!

Back