navara build date issue!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
hi guys, trying to figure out what oil to use.
my 07? stx d40 td says built nov 2006 but compliance plate says like late 07.

the 06 has no dpf but 2007 does has dpf i believe?

so I'm trying to find out what year my car actually is and whether it has dpf or not.

any help appreciated here fellas

Or turn the key on and check the lights on the dashboard, DPF models have a fart light in the lower section of the dash before you turn the key.

Colour will vary but it looks like

dpf-warning-light.jpg

and in the 09's it's at the lower right of the instrument cluster before you switch the key to start.

NSF - Nufti side front door maybe?

KraftyPg said:
Or turn the key on and check the lights on the dashboard, DPF models have a fart light in the lower section of the dash before you turn the key.

Fart light hahah

I see no fart light at all before or after startup.
Can anyone take a pic of their dpf on d40 and post so i can see what im looking for. I dont know what they look like.

My mechanic always uses dpf oil bit with no light im begining to think he has just looked at my 2007 compliance plate and just used oils accordingly. I would have thought he would have known to check and look for the dpf but i still may be wrong there may be a dpf under there but my build date is from nov 2006 (complianced mid-late 2007.

Anyone know when the switch in d40 stx dual cab td went from no dpf to having a dpf?)

Dezz

If there is no light and FB says so then it's quite unlikely there is one because he knows Nissan's apparently.

Check out ChipIt's website they have pics of where the DPF delete pipe goes which will give you an idea where to find the thing. And the answer to when they actually started them is somewhere in these forums it's just a matter of searching the DPF threads I'm sure.

According to a thread by Bosshog, Series 2 and 3 autos (2006-2010) could be fitted with a DPF, but I can't see them putting a light on the dash in the 09 models and not in yours because the light is there to alert drivers the DPF requires attention not just to add more light to the dashboard.

Is that advisable? Maybe a PM instead of a public post for such information?

But yeah let FB do some work, he's obviously not doing what his boss pays him for :ha:

Well that explains the missing light.

And for those reading this later. I'm suggesting no light means no DPF. The light is there for alerting the driver it would be stupid to put the DPF on and not put the light there.

I see no fart light at all before or after startup.
Can anyone take a pic of their dpf on d40 and post so i can see what im looking for. I dont know what they look like.

My mechanic always uses dpf oil bit with no light im begining to think he has just looked at my 2007 compliance plate and just used oils accordingly. I would have thought he would have known to check and look for the dpf but i still may be wrong there may be a dpf under there but my build date is from nov 2006 (complianced mid-late 2007.

Anyone know when the switch in d40 stx dual cab td went from no dpf to having a dpf?)

Dezz

Hi Guys,
Just for a reference my D40 auto has a build date of 03/07 and has the DPF.

Back