Lots of Black smoke and now limp

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only 1 way to do it. After you do all this, remove dpf and cat then replace with dump pipe and straight through pipe where dpf was. Then you must space the O2 sensor out and connect the pressure lines together. You MUST have the car ecu reset by nissan as if it were having a new dpf installed. It's a certain procedure that's done not just a reset of the ecu and fuel curve.. That is the only way you bypass the regen cycle it will never read soot build up because there will never be any hence no regen.. No white smoke.

Nice to see someone got it sorted. I'm sure that's a popular mod then.

t.jarvis White smoke in this case is diesel injected on the exhaust stroke.
This covers the dpf and burns of the soot/coke.With out the dpf diesel hits the exhaust and turns to a vapour/white smoke.You can smell the unburnt fuel

rickstar- the white smoke in this vas should only occur under a dpf regen, constant white smoke is really bad as it can be an indication of an early sign of runaway diesel where an diesel will run on its own oil-not diesel until it self destructs, and if you are getting a lot of dpf regents I would seriously look at the quality of oil and fuel being used, a full synthetic oil should not cause coke deposits on the dpf, whereas poor oil or fuel will.
The dpf should not need replacement if the vehicle is properly maintained and good quality fuels are used. I have been a mechanic for 17 years and have never had to replace a catalytic convertor let alone a dpf due to using quality oils and ensuring my customers use good fuel.

ok looks like im just going to go the chip it delete pipe. Need it done in a hurry and as easy as possible.....will keep you all informed and try and take pics

Yeah I did mate. Thanks for that, but I had to make a quick decision to go with the delete pipe. As this is my work car and has already been off the road for a week. Will keep you posted with progress

Yeah I did mate. Thanks for that, but I had to make a quick decision to go with the delete pipe. As this is my work car and has already been off the road for a week. Will keep you posted with progress

Mate you can call me and ask me questions I work for myself so work hours is all good.. Yeh you are better off going that way with the delete pipe a lot cheaper then a new dpf.. You seem to have had the same problem as me and its fkd. Check out my thread Shane what it can sound like straight through haha...

Don't temp me. Lol I'm already thinking about chipping it now lol. But thanks for the offer of help. If I get stuck you'll hear from me. Thanks

Hey Shane, this is the best pic I could take of the 2 pipes connected into eachother

Attachments

• image-3293610968.jpg
    image-3293610968.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 43
for those of you who may be reading this and done the delete pipe or the like.
What are you guys running now for engine oil?? As i read somewhere that now we dont have the dreaded DPF there is no need to run the expensive low soda ash oil??

Believe it or not ??

for those of you who may be reading this and done the delete pipe or the like.
What are you guys running now for engine oil?? As i read somewhere that now we dont have the dreaded DPF there is no need to run the expensive low soda ash oil??

Believe it or not ??

Hey mate what's the news!? Did you get it working again? And yes believe it!

Latest posts

Back