Loss of power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun

Reaction score
I have a 2008 D40 stx over the last 3 years I can be stopped at the lights go to take off the car then won't accelerate it crawls along I stop then restart the engine its ok until the next time over a 5 week period when I was in the middle of South Australia it happened about 8 times. My dealer has had the car twice in the last month,the last time for 10 days I even spoke to customer service at Nissan Head office, but they cannot find the fault.
The last time it happened I got caught was at a roundabout trying to get across, how many have to die to have this problem sorted out.

I have the same problem and the local stealership has suggested the suction control valve. They told me the fault code is P1272 but when I scanned mine today after it did it the code was P0089 (fuel pressure regulator). I spoke to Nissan and they still say SCV "maybe" but you would have to book it in for us to scan it (for a code they admit won't be there unless it just happened). So far mine has only done it right after start up but I have made it into traffic before noticing.

It was mentioned ages ago that the fuel tank was holding vacuum. One fella found the vacuum line in the filler tube was OK but where it joined the main filler tube was blocked. The production process had allowed the molding to close over inside the fitting.
Worth a look IMO.

The same problem has occurred with 200 klm dealer has not been able to find cause of power loss.

Another possibility is that it's a lacklustre turbocharger. This happens on those engines when the vacuum lines are damaged - the actuator doesn't open the vanes fully and the turbocharger doesn't provide anywhere near the boost levels we're accustomed to. A loose connection could do this, a faulty actuator could do this.

Sticking vanes inside the turbo might also be a cause - but that's going to require the turbocharger to come out and be repaired. Check it by having someone tap the throttle so that rpm rises from idle to 1200-1500rpm. Watch the little arm beneath the actuator - it should move in and out quite a bit when someone does that.

Another possibility is that it's a lacklustre turbocharger. This happens on those engines when the vacuum lines are damaged - the actuator doesn't open the vanes fully and the turbocharger doesn't provide anywhere near the boost levels we're accustomed to. A loose connection could do this, a faulty actuator could do this.

Sticking vanes inside the turbo might also be a cause - but that's going to require the turbocharger to come out and be repaired. Check it by having someone tap the throttle so that rpm rises from idle to 1200-1500rpm. Watch the little arm beneath the actuator - it should move in and out quite a bit when someone does that.

Latest posts

Back