Power loss, metal on metal sound that drops to a tinge on idle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickR

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all I’m back, I was driving the old girl down the road, gently changing up 3 to 4, weird sound like a fan failure, loss of power, crazy metal on metal sound and the exhaust sounds like it’s fallen off but hasn’t. No smoke, idles fine just a metal ting, ting sound that I cannot pinpoint except to say back of engine vicinity. If you accelerate, it sounds like you have no exhaust system at all.

any idea welcome, my instinct is blown turbo, but no smoke, and the very loud exhaust???

I'd guess at either a hole in the EGR tube or a gasket failure between exhaust/turbo (the term "gasket failure" includes the loss of one or more bolts that holds the sucker together).

Hi Tony, as usual you were spot on. I think you may be a Navara whisperer. I just wish I’d seen your post earlier, it took me about an hour to find it.

ERG tube had blown its weld at the exhaust end.

Given my need for the vehicle, and my inability to locate a new tube quickly, I went for the blanking option at all three points which seems to be working fine.

Again thanks for the help, you were on the money.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.jpeg
    IMG_3429.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3430.jpeg
    IMG_3430.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3431.jpeg
    IMG_3431.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back