Just had the Truck in at the dealerships

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely post, but peruse this forum frequently and i just want to say that a business is only as good as its staff. I am sure that the owner of the dealership had no idea that his staff had been stealing from customers. If he had, they would have been gone long ago. They will be gone soon and i expect that all staff will be made aware of what happened.

I am glad that the culprits will be punished and not the unsuspecting business owner.

if anyone is interested i have a contact that can grab us dash cams. I have one in my street car i have also sold 20 or so in groups buys for other forums that im on in the performance world and i could use another one

if you guys are keen let me know :)

on a side note man im glad you are getting this sorted out

yea man ill be up for a few what brands etc do you deal with?

I have had one hell of a year trying to do the right thing by my 2 kids while dealing with their mother and her halfwit solicitor as well as trying to maintain a new relationship and dealing with my aged mother in a nursing home. That on top of a very busy year at work.
I have leaned that its better to tread softly and let others deal with problems that are in fact theirs to deal with. I can jump and scream and make it well known I am not happy but at the end of the day its better to let managers deal with their own idiots and me get on with what is really important.
Managers are better as friends than enemies and they will remember someone who does them a favour than someone who makes a lot of noise about one of their staff. They know its ultimately them as the manager who is responsible for their staff and the troubles they cause.
The managers in turn will always look after valued customers who saved them a world of grief .

Sounds like a good start to hopefully a good outcome. No doubt the word will spread not just in that dealership but others to I would imagine. Basically you never know when your being watched and perhaps bring an end to likes of that but other dubious practices.

The problem is industry wide and not new unfortunately but the dealerships are well aware of the problem and deal with it as best they can when they have proof.
Hate to say it but we can really trust noone BUT we can protect our vehicles against these dickheads with the traffic cams etc

@ Aussie_Frontier... Good job and well handled..

Like yourself, I too have a Blackvue. I have the twin camera kit.. It's amazing what they capture.. Put my SSv into have the front brake rotors skimmed.. Funnily enough they had to take it for 2 test drives, pop the bonnet and "look what under the hood" and then proceed to rev it - just to see what it sounded like..

Amazing what playing the evidence back to the boss produces.. Especially when you point out that they charged me 2 hours "labour" and had the car in the the actual shop floor for 30 minutes.. and drove it around "spiritedly" for 15 minutes...

When i put my cars in, I swing the rear camera to face internally.. That way you SEE what they are up too..

Hi Mike I spoke with Anthony and he will be making right the situation with the workshop foreman.Long story short reading between the lines they are going to need a couple of new apprentices

I have just been reading some of Aussie_Frontier's posts regarding service in the Nations Capital :)
From previous experience with Ford and Nissan and currently with Mazda, there apperas to be an over abundance of incompetance in the dealerships around town.
Apart from the first free 1000km service and the one or two warranty issues, I don't use the dealerships anymore.

The guys at the Phillip dealership are actually good to deal with. That being said I had Paul Whyte Automotive in Gunners do my services under warranty and now Im off the chain I do it all pretty much myself
As to the Belco dealer Id rather take it to Toymota !!!!!

Hey Aussie, what is the make & model of your in-car camera? & what triggers it off to start recording when the car is parked?

I agree with you Aussie I have little to no bad things to say about the Philip branch, we even bought a new car for the Mrs this week through them.
That said what problems I did have Anthony was quick to iron out and had always bent over backwards to help me

Hey Aussie, what is the make & model of your in-car camera? & what triggers it off to start recording when the car is parked?

Mine is Blackvue DR500GW-HD.
You set it to record in park mode which it does once you stop for 10 sec. The unit detects motion in front of the lens, someone walking by, car etc.
Blackvue is the only one that has this. On the market when I bought anyway.
$330 + a battery saver $50 online in oz.

You set it to record in park mode which it does once you stop for 10 sec. The unit detects motion in front of the lens, someone walking by, car etc.

One brand I just found out my mate has is the bullsi
It does park mode and when it's shocked I.e an accident it saves the minuet surronding the incident in a separate folder and keeps recording :)

No where near that price you paid jjohn but I'm guessing you've had yours for some years?

No only June this year.
It does the shock sensor thing. Logs your speed and GPS location and the path you where travelling and you can zoom in and frame number plates etc.

Bought it from Ray Nguyen's level1 suite7 228 Chapel road sth Bankstown.
I can't find the web address now. Delivered in 3 days.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info mate.

The uniden i bought the other day has all the motion detection, G sensor Bah Bah, but when you turn the car off the unit also turns off, the G sensor will still work but no motion sensor as it only has a 35min battery life built in.

Then it hit me!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: I will get power running from my two aux batteries to power the unit constantly so the unit will never turn off. It goes into sleep mode but will turn the unit back on in detection mode with the LCD screen still off & the only light that comes on is the recording light.:smile:

I just looked at the bullsi.
One of em looks like the blackvue.
All 3 of them look like good products, and cheaper.
Love the 2 camera setup. I looked for exactly that at the time nothing else had park mode.
Isn't it always the way.
Oh well I had to have it then, not now.

does the blackvue have the shock detection? i cant seem to find anythign ont heir website....
Ive been thinking about getting one for a while now and hearing this about the dealership i go to makes me get my butt in gear and get a move on with it....

if you look at all the products for the bullsi youll find this at the bottom of the page
http://www.bulls-ivehicledriverecorders.com/internalrearsecondcamerawithacamera-to-cameracable.aspx

it plugs into the first camera and offers a second view?

Last edited:
I have the Blackview DRG-550W.. 2 camera's all wired into 1 recording unit (the front unit)..

It does shock sensor - and also shows in the logs from which direction (top / bottom / side / side) and also G forces impacted..

It labels "Park", "Normal" and "Event" so you can just search for those in the software.. As stated, it has an external unit that will feed the unit power for xx hours or until your battery drops down below yy volts.. These both are user setable via dip switches..

It does 30 frames a second and records at 1080P.. So it's clear.. Drop it to 720P and you get 60 frames/sec

Great units... and worth the price.. AND - they are small enough to be discreetly installed behind the rear-view mirror and high on the back window so as to not really "stand out"..

I got mine from the the US - as even with shipping - it still costs $150 less than they wanted to charge me here.. about 1 hour to install all up..

I heard back from the dealers today. The boys ( apparently not apprentices but employed to wash and clean the cars) were summoned to the board room late last night. The Dealer Principal, Service Manager, Workshop Manager and all sales managers were in the room. They played the footage from my camera and the 2 boys pretty much shat themselves on the spot.
Basically they couldnt tell me exactly what transpired but they did say that the appropriate actions were taken and this issue would not happen again and all present in the board room , apart from the boys lol, wanted to thank me for bringing this to their attention and not making a big scene .
All employees have been told what to expect should this happen again and that having Traffic Cams in vehicles will become more the norm so they will always have to be on their best behavior as the vehicle owners will not put up with any antics.
I think in short this one is chalk one up for the good guys !!!!

Latest posts

Back