Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the intercooler to turbo pipe. When your turbo spools up, they expand like a baloon. By fitting the hard pipe, it eliminates that. Gives you better throttle response too.

Just waiting for my heatshield wrap to arrive Monday so i can wrap my pipe so it stays a bit cooler.

Not sure. I read somewhere it some kind of bellows that supposedly reduces lag. You would think anything in that boost side would act as a restriction.

Does the Plazaman pipe get rid of this device?

EDIT: Ok thanks Cobez

The Plazmaman pipe is a direct replacement of the original rubber pipe. On 2005 / 2006 models you just have to modify it slightly but its easy.

Plazmaman ships express too. Purchased Thursday morning, arrived Friday arvo.

what does this contraption do, and is it worth deleting to make a single hardpipe?

2ii75oh.jpg

Im pretty sure Lindsay AKA "Diesel Tuner" said it was only a baffle of sorts and helps reduce turbo noise as do some of the baffles in the airbox

Was your airbox piping custom or pre fabbed???

We made it ourselves. 3" S/S 90 deg elbow and a few silicone couplings and whallah! Easy as pie. All I had to do was trim a cm or two off the airbox end of the elbow to allow me to run the factory airbox and drill a small hole for the small air line.

Will eventually switch to a pod filter with CAI running to it and make up a s/s divider plate that keeps it seperate to the rest of the engine bay. Insulated of course.

The turbo induction noise I have now is pretty insane. Turns a lot of heads especially being a Navara.

Does that mean we can remove it or better off leaving it on?

As soon as i can find a pipe to suit the new turbo i will get rid of it.
when i spoke with "PLAZMAMAN" he said he will be making them soon, with the intention that they will run all the way from the turbo to the intercooler.

As soon as i can find a pipe to suit the new turbo i will get rid of it.
when i spoke with "PLAZMAMAN" he said he will be making them soon, with the intention that they will run all the way from the turbo to the intercooler.

I'm itching to do this as well, yet someone in QLD had the chance to get a free one being the test mule and no takers I just don't get it.

I'm itching to do this as well, yet someone in QLD had the chance to get a free one being the test mule and no takers I just don't get it.

"Plazmaman" has made one for a forum member to test a fair while back but is just waiting for him to go back in before he will put it into production.
I actually met that forum member a few weeks back at the Yalwal day trip, i will ask him again if he can go back in so we can have a chance to buy one.

"Plazmaman" has made one for a forum member to test a fair while back but is just waiting for him to go back in before he will put it into production.
I actually met that forum member a few weeks back at the Yalwal day trip, i will ask him again if he can go back in so we can have a chance to buy one.

Sounds great!
There may be hope yet

Do any of you fellas know what MM hoses the D40's use from the crankcase to the turbo? Is it 15MM?

Now i've done the cooler to turbo pipe, it's catch can time

Im pretty sure Lindsay AKA "Diesel Tuner" said it was only a baffle of sorts and helps reduce turbo noise as do some of the baffles in the airbox

That's my understanding.

My old 5.3L V12 Jaguar had an intake restriction to accelerate the incoming air up towards Mach 1. At that speed, sound couldn't escape so the induction noise disappeared. I took the damn things off and good GOD the thing made a beautiful sound.

There's a baffle inside the air box below the chamber that the filter sits in, in the section that curves around - I did make a thread "Anatomy Of A D40 Air Filter" that showed the guts when I took mine apart on the dining table (I did clean it afterwards!).

There's nothing wrong with removing baffles except for the increase in noise. If you can tolerate it, remove away.

As Old Tony said above. It's basically just for the sound. The power gains (if any) are un-noticable. It does get annoying from time to time though haha.

BTW I am referring to the removal of the IC and airbox baffles.

I just put a k&n apollo pod filter on mine...mainly to make sure I'm watertight right up to the top of the snork.....holy sniz its one loud mofo now...I almost think its too loud...cut the airbox now so I will learn to love it guess......no kidding its really loud!!!

Ha ha... when I removed my airbox baffles it was heaps louder... I wonder if the apollo setup is louder than this?

Latest posts

Back